Trouble starting after full fill up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Not to get this thread off topic, but since headers were mentioned due to heat concerns, has anybody used Jet Hot for their ceramic coatings? Their technology is suppose to be superior to nearly all ceramic coatings and allow one to reduce engine temps vastly. I was planning on using them.

https://www.jet-hot.com

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
100% agree. And if I forgot to mention, it has always started. It will just make that noise you attributed to the starter, and take a few times. Drive 5 min home and try and start and it starts perfect.
Thanks for all the help.

Did you let it sit for a while before trying, about as long as it takes to fuel up.

Last edited:

BigDaddy69

Reaction score
It could be an overfill or pressure sensor in the tank. I had a similar issue with my last vehicle. When the tank was full it would have trouble starting and the engine would cut out while driving on occasion.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can clearly hear the starter gear isn't engaging the flywheel on the first attempt in the video. Not a fuel problem.

OP
OP
nick0331

nick0331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it was 2 ******* months to the day. But the truck is finally out of the shop...kind of. It initially went in for 3 issues all covered under extended warranty. 1: Starting issue, 2: Backup camera malfunction, 3: Broken dip stick tube.

3: The dip stick tube was replaced, $22 part, 8rs of labor, had to remove the passenger side header.

1: They started by changing the fuel vapor purge canister, against advice, and it didn’t fix the issue. So they replaced the starter and that so far that seems to have fixed the starting issue.

2: The ******* camera. So first they replaced a the Audio Control Module, did not fix the camera. Then they sent to Ford to inspect more thoroughly, Ford replaced 2 more modules. And now the camera works, but there are no backup lines, and the zoom button in top left doesn’t work. Also when they disassembled the console. They cut both Push to talk buttons, and the harness for the Switch Pro coming from battery is no longer connected to the switch, and the harness is no longer even visible in console, and on top of that the mechanic left 1 foot of the cut PTT wire buried in the console.

So needless to say, I took the truck and advised the dealer that the electronics will now be getting fixed at my trusted electronic shop and they will be billed for the repairs.

CCF6649B-32D4-4E88-B196-6D36700C87A5.jpeg

E387E8AA-8F0B-479B-9EDD-82672448DFC8.jpeg

EC8CDC07-B73C-47FD-9B78-C8F02702BF32.jpeg

A584AC53-9978-4482-A036-8808F2E7F07D.jpeg

1474E7B2-9AD2-44E5-B1E3-769CFD27179A.jpeg