Trip planned to remote area - what to bring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the lights all hooked up over the weekend.
didn't take any pics of the pass through wires under the dash, wonder why Ford didn't just take them all the way out?

R214.jpg

R215.jpg

Added a flood to each side to go with the front pair, for a wider spread.
got the rear bumper lights wired. that's a long run from back bumper to upfitter connection.

R209.jpg

R210.jpg

R208.jpg

R211.jpg
jpg

Now I have this to install :D

R216.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
raised the front 1.5" to level out with rear after the 3.0 install.
checked nitrogen levels on shocks
aligned and had spare replaced. 4 more days!....

gtxracer

Reaction score
Baby wipes, cordless impacts, zip ties, and a good tow rope or two with soft shackles. I also take full set of replacement fluids on long trips for coolant and oil (2qts).

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the fluids! good suggestions, thanks GTX,
and thanks everyone for your input and fun comments.
Fuses, tire repair kit, I have a pile of stuff.

I just have to pick up a jack today and i got eveything on my list.
will lay it all out tonight and review. headed out tomorrow!

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take your dog too! Dogs love riding and hanging their heads out the window!

Hey let us know how the air kit works out and put up a photo or two of the install, thanks!!

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passed through there over summer, awesome park. Scenery is fantastic.

It is indeed remote, though I navigated it with some pre-downloaded maps on my phone just fine. If I had the chance to re-do it (would love to do White Rim trail) I'd certainly add a radio to the top of my list.

Above all, take pictures.

Canyon.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely! love good pics, especially good shots with raptors in the foreground.
like yours AZ.

of the 20 camp sites available with the NPS, we're one of 2 reserved for labor day weekend - that's pretty good imo.:)
I've been eyeballing bed covers like you have there. If we keep doing trips like this I would like and need more space if we took more than 2-3 people. how do you like it?

Take your dog too! Dogs love riding and hanging their heads out the window!

Hey let us know how the air kit works out and put up a photo or two of the install, thanks!!

Just like the NFL Raptor Ad! hahah.
Good times.

Here's how I mounted the tank.
I only see 2 issues, with it on the side, theres no port on the bottom to drain the condensation.
Second, the relay is up front (currently) could get hit by a rock off the front tire. need to shield it. outa time before this trip.
Would also like to plumb a line to the back of the bed, inside with a guage and quick connect point.
the compressor is pretty quite. filled from empty in less than 1.5 minutes.

R217.jpg

R218.jpg

I got the gear, my wife packed the food.

R219.jpg

R220.jpg

Got it all to fit under the cover! along with half the back seat ;)
soon as the wife gets home from school, we're outa here.

Have a great weekend everyone!

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post pics upon return! Such an amazing place out there. We spent a month in Utah, about 12 days off those days in Moab. We did a 6month motorhome tour out west. We didn't have a raptor when we were out there, but we did tow a Lexus LX470 and wheeled the heck out of Moab and Canyonlands! Some of the most fun we'd ever had.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds awesome. And sorry for being a New York born and bred *****, but having just returned returned from my second trip to Utah, this one for 19 days in and around Moab, I did not have a gun, nor did I see any need for one. Perhaps most of those suggestions are just jokes? Or are of the mind better tried by twelve than carried by six? We ran into only very nice people. Didn’t find anyone on the back country looking to bend me against a tree and make me squeal like a pig. EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!