Trimming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
View attachment 360384it trimmed up just fine and clears now no problem. Thanks for the help from absolutely no one.
Well, you were given the following advice:

Take off the spacers
Get a lift kit
Get bigger fenders

Each of those three options seem like legit "help". Take your ball and go home.

OP
OP
Jake Rehberger
Reaction score
Well, you were given the following advice:

Take off the spacers
Get a lift kit
Get bigger fenders

Each of those three options seem like legit "help". Take your ball and go home.

I asked for help with trimming. That was it. I know I’m not the first one in this forum to trim a gen3, so I was hoping to utilize the forum for its purpose. The internet didn’t disappoint tho. All I got was opinions. Thanks for yours.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked for help with trimming. That was it. I know I’m not the first one in this forum to trim a gen3, so I was hoping to utilize the forum for its purpose. The internet didn’t disappoint tho. All I got was opinions. Thanks for yours.
Well, at least when the next guy runs into this problem, it will show up on google. You've helped the next guy out. Don't be so bitter bro, it's just the internet, you gotta have thick skin out here. Anyway, enjoy your truck.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 360384it trimmed up just fine and clears now no problem. Thanks for the help from absolutely no one.
Looks like you figured it out, and didn’t need help.

In all fairness to all that replied, including me in this case, you didn’t specify (from memory) what you were rubbing on. Seeing that you trimmed the fender liner I would wager any real compression and you’ll be hitting somewhere else.

Also most people seem to run zero offset wheels, that is 1 5/16” plus the spacer you were running is sticking that tire out there pretty far.

Onto asking for advice, gen 1 and gen 2 hammer the pinch welds flat. I have yet to see the inner fender/firewall of a gen 3 to see how they made that connection. That is also to say I have not seen a thread on that topic either.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you figured it out, and didn’t need help.

In all fairness to all that replied, including me in this case, you didn’t specify (from memory) what you were rubbing on. Seeing that you trimmed the fender liner I would wager any real compression and you’ll be hitting somewhere else.

Also most people seem to run zero offset wheels, that is 1 5/16” plus the spacer you were running is sticking that tire out there pretty far.

Onto asking for advice, gen 1 and gen 2 hammer the pinch welds flat. I have yet to see the inner fender/firewall of a gen 3 to see how they made that connection. That is also to say I have not seen a thread on that topic either.
Well seeing that the gen 3 comes with 37" tires, there should not be any need to hammer the pinchwelds. I'm with you, would be nice to see if the firewall/inner fender area had a major redesign. There's a lot of trucks even up here that like that look of the wheels out past the fenders, I don't even think it's legal around here until you get pulled over.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah some on here will Roast people , I think the truck looks good . I assume you aren’t a hard off road guy with your setup ? I wouldn’t get to bent from the comments , some are well intended .