Trimming Seat Back Foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kobe

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get comfortable in my seat and realize it's because the cushion is too thick in one spot and irritating my back. I believe trimming that portion of the foam would make a big difference in comfort. Has anyone tried doing something like this? I'm going to see an upholsterer about it but want to ask around here too.

Thanks

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my seats apart to fix the heater. you problem will be the skin will now be loose, and will crease where the material is missing, potentially causing more issues.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling to get comfortable in my seat and realize it's because the cushion is too thick in one spot and irritating my back. I believe trimming that portion of the foam would make a big difference in comfort. Has anyone tried doing something like this? I'm going to see an upholsterer about it but want to ask around here too.

Thanks
You checked lumbard right? I think Raptor seats are the most comfortable seats ever. I world think that trimming the seat foam is a bad idea