GEN 2 Trim getting dull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klemm

Reaction score
I have a 2018, the black trim/plastic on the rear bumper, on top of the bed, door handles are getting dull/ grey. Any ideas. Tired of buying stuff that doesn’t work like mothers back to black. Please let me know. Also any ideas on how to shine up the bedliner.

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some kind of wipe restore thing from WalMart and it discolored everything it touched.
I ordered some Exoforma trim chemical. It has a dye in it so I have hope it will work.
I have very good luck with Exoforma products.

jsooth123

Reaction score
Just go get everything vinyl wrapped. For the bed, I’ve heard you can power wash with soap to make it look newer, but if it’s faded I mean… nothing you can really do if the wash doesn’t work

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im using meguiars trim restorer on mine. Brings back to the original color, holding it for a few days, but waiting to see what rain does. Usually any product does well until its washed away, but ive had good luck using this on my Lightning so hoping the same for the raptor.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have good luck using Trim Shine from Stoner. It does a great job of bringing the original color back. It also does a great job on the steps on my Raptor without making them slick.

Mark

policedutchdog

Reaction score
I use adams graphene coating. It will darken it up and last a while Supposedly chemically bonds
+1 on the Adams graphene ceramic coating. Have been using it for the last 18 months or so on all the plastic as well as my Bakflip cover and works really well. Doesn't wash off like Back to Black does but bonds to the surface and prevents fading.