Tried Carpro Hydro2 “Touchless Sealant” and am Impressed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried Carpro Hydro2 Touchless Sealant this weekend and have to say, was super skeptical that it would fully coat and not just coat in the spots it actually sprayed the droplets onto. Initial results feel super smooth and slick to the fingers and water beaded like crazy. Super easy to use, just wash car and leave wet, spray the Hydro2 onto the car, rinse, dry off and done. No wiping, no buffing off. Will see how longevity is, they claim between 3 and 6 months so we will see if that holds true. If so, this is a huge time saver and back/elbow/shoulder saver at least for me with no wiping and buffing. Can apply to whole truck, wheels, plastic, paint, glass, etc.

There are other similar products from Adams, Griots, etc. that look just as easy to use.

I did my car with the Hydro2 this weekend and the wife’s with my standard go-to (cheap!) Turtle Wax Ice Seal n Shine. Both looked about the same from a shine perspective, both felt about the same slickness to the touch. Will see how they hold up against each other.

Last edited:

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated on how long it lasts...seems like you cant use this as a topper since it wouldnt bond properly.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds very good. Especially the no buffing part.

I think Beadmaker is similar. I was pretty happy with how it repels the dirt. But you have to buff Beadmaker.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep us updated on how long it lasts...seems like you cant use this as a topper since it wouldnt bond properly.
Yea I don’t think this is considered a topper. They consider it a sealant. Depending on how the longevity is, I might try a topper over the top of the Hydro2 next time and see what happens.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a carpro products fan...so, I bit and ordered a 500mil bottle of the concentrate.
Me to, I use Reset, Elixer (although I didn’t use it on top of the Hydro2 but might try that next time as a topper), Reload and Perl along with some of their towels and mitts.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
We’ve used a few of these spray on rinse off type wax/sealers at work(detailing). The current o e we’re trying is a ceramic type. They all bead up like crazy, unfortunately the longest one lasted nearly a month. I havent heard of that one so im definitely interested in the results.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pics from the rain today on our Yukon. Was really pleased with the beading and keep thinking my brain is tricking me with how it coats the whole panel and not just the droplet contact spots.

View attachment 348745View attachment 348746
I was always under the impression you want sheeting vs droplets. I believe I read that droplets lead to water spots where sheeting removes water from the entire panel