Tretiak30s 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that Ford adds something called "turbo silencers" into the intake system of their ecoboosts. I removed them, who doesn't like more turbo noise? I would honestly take the turbos over a N/A V8.

I read one post saying removing these can cause a check engine light? Or is that just in concert with a CAI?

OP
OP
Tretiak30

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read one post saying removing these can cause a check engine light? Or is that just in concert with a CAI?

I heard that too, I haven’t driven the truck, but I’ve actually been thinking about putting them back in, even if it doesn’t cause any issues, the sound really wasn’t more than I expected and I’d rather have that spinning air rather than turbulent air bouncing through the tube. But FP said it doesn’t matter whether they are in or not, so I think it’s personal choice.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Truck, I am in the Cleveland area as well. I have an 18 Leadfoot.

OP
OP
Tretiak30

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a white truck and decided to change it up like you.

I wanted to get white but it’s so bland but better than black. I have some BD lights coming tomorrow and some exhaust/intake things to do this weekend. Hopefully the weather is nicer to drive it

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get white but it’s so bland but better than black. I have some BD lights coming tomorrow and some exhaust/intake things to do this weekend. Hopefully the weather is nicer to drive it

Congrats on the BD lights, they are bad ass. The forecast for the next week is arctic cold...but they are only right about 50% of the time...lol

OP
OP
Tretiak30

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the BD lights, they are bad ass. The forecast for the next week is arctic cold...but they are only right about 50% of the time...lol

It is Ohio. Chance of snow means sunshine.

Next nice day, we will have to grab a beer and see which one of our colors is better. Haha.