Treo SSX 10" with ported box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motoraptor

Reaction score
I just ordered my 14 SCREW and am trying to figure out how or if what I even want to do is possible. My project is to have x1 10" SSX sub in a ported MDF box that runs the width of the back seat. I haven't been able to find any audio shop that has worked on a raptor so no one has been able to give me any advice. Hoping to have better luck here.

Thanks
Vince.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think the ssx will fit under the rear seats. the mounting depth and the excursion of the woofer will exceed the amount of space you have under there. i used to build spl systems with treo woofers, and they required a lot of room in front of the woofer. the only way i see this woofer under your seat, is if you raise the seat up. and that will be a lot of work to do. my suggestion would be to possibly sell it and get a woofer with a smaller mounting depth so it can fit. either the jl audio 10tw3 or audiomobile gts10 woofer will fit under there.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
not without a lot of modifying. the treo needs a lot of airspace, so you would need to remove the air vents and all the storage in the center console. even then you would not have enough airspace. basically it requires the same amount of airspace as a jl13w7 and external dimensions of a box for the 13w7 is about 3 cubic ft. if you are willing to spend a lot of money to get a custom fit box, then im sure we can build something, but for that woofer, the only feasible possibility is to have a box on the floor. and bolted down. the speaker weighs a lot. not to mention the weight of the enclosure. if i were you i would not try to fit it in the truck. the treo subs are more for spl and not sound quality. the spl competitions i used to go to, we had treo subs and we would "blurp" them. sounded like crap with music, but insanely loud. simply put, not recommended in these trucks.

OP
OP
M

Motoraptor

Reaction score
After reading my last post I wasn't very clear on my idea.
My idea was to have a box run the length of the back seat and have the sub facing forward towards the front seats.

The CSC do you have dimensions from the cab floor to the bottom of the back seat? And is there a way to bring the seat height up?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the rear seat has latches behind the seat back. they will need to be moved and possibly rewelded in the new spot. but additional bracing will probably be necessary as well. then you can add seat risers. i dont know how complicated this is with the angled brackets on the seat. there is not enough space under there for a woofer to fit firing forward. you only have 8 inches in the front

OP
OP
M

Motoraptor

Reaction score
Damn sounds like it might be more work than it's worth. I just haven't found another sub that I liked as much as as a treo.