Travel Advisory - San Antonio Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It seems as if there’s been many threads on here about San Antonio.

Yes. Despite sometimes busy traffic, it’s nowhere near the magnitude of Houston, NY, LA, Seattle, etc. Even downtown, you’re only a few moments from an interstate, a hop, skip and a jump from Mexico, lots of jump off routes.

A lot of the vehicle thefts, and break ins where the truck wasn’t stolen were target rich environments - outdoor, unsecured parking lots with no security, no patrolling staff, some don’t even have cameras.

I got scoffed at for having a valet park my Rap. It didn’t get stolen in downtown S/A... Unfortunately, if you’re traveling in the Rap, you have to take your parking situation into account, the same as if you were driving some high dollar sports car, only worse because the F150 is just so easy to get into.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am confused by the terms worst and best for car theft. Is the list from the car owner or car thief's point of view?

Anyway, if I remember correctly, one of the guys who guy his truck stolen in San Antonio was later recovered by police down by the border. Seems Raptors are good at moving 'goods' or people across the border.

raptor556

Reaction score
Right. Until it gets stolen.
yep

Let me go ahead and lose sleep over that one. haha

never had any vehicle I have ever owned get broken into. Though I've been around or heard of random break in's.

shit happens. oh well. I'll put that right up there with worrying about covid (not a even a little bit)

Last edited:

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nice areas in San Antonio are the ones that get hit. The thieves know that they'll score better stuff in those areas. I probably know a dozen people that live in or were passing through San Antonio that had their trucks broken into. I know that the La Cantera area is a prime spot to have your truck broken into.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep

Let me go ahead and lose sleep over that one. haha

never had any vehicle I have ever owned get broken into. Though I've been around or heard of random break in's.

shit happens. oh well. I'll put that right up there with worrying about covid (not a even a little bit)

While it's understandable not to be concerned about break ins, I'm not sure why you'd be losing sleep over a valet either.