Transmission Whine after Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jules Martin

Reaction score
Brought my 2014 Raptor into dealership for 100,000 mile service. Told them to change oil, transmission fluid, front and rear differential oil, transfer case oil, coolant flush, brake fluid, fuel system clean etc. (said they could tell plugs had been changed so did not do them). A couple hours and $1100 dollars later I go to drive out off dealership and immediately notice a low whine that was not there when I brought it in... like a transmission whine as soon as vehicle vehicle starts to move. Only really noticeable when going slow and just when vehicle is starting off / pulling away.

I turned right around and immediately brought it back and let them know about the issue that was not there when I brought it in. They test drove it and had their "transmission guy" listen to it. They said will be few days before they can look at it but will probably have to "tear whole thing down to see if it is a repairable issue" whatever that means. Said they double checked the fluid and was only very slightly low after they serviced it. They said that they "do not see how anything that they did could have caused this issue".

Any ideas / thoughts?