Transmission went slip and done. Cobra in the winter it is haha.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
22 37pp truck. Normal mode. Completely stock aside from wheels, tires and RPG 1.5” level kit.

Was driving at 30-35 mph. Normally accelerating and on shift from 3-4th gear trans didn’t grab 4th gear. Rpms shot to 7000 and wouldn’t move. Put truck in park. Shut off truck. Started truck. Put in drive. Same thing happened. No CEL no other lights. Won’t shit past 3rd gear.

5k miles. Anybody else have the issue? Truck will sit at Lithia Ford Boise for a month till they get to it.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
22 37pp truck. Normal mode. Completely stock aside from wheels, tires and level kit.

Was driving at 30-35 mph. Normally accelerating and on shift from 3-4th gear trans didn’t grab 4th gear. Rpms shot to 7000 and wouldn’t move. Put truck in park. Shit off truck. Started truck. Put in drive. Same thing happened. No CEL no other lights. Won’t shit past 3rd gear.

5k miles. Anybody else have the issue? Truck will sit at Lithia Ford Boise for a month till they get to it.
Probably software. :( Did they give you a good loaner?

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you didn’t get any bull about the aftermarket wheels voiding warranty? I dread something going wrong and they try to blame it on me.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you didn’t get any bull about the aftermarket wheels voiding warranty? I dread something going wrong and they try to blame it on me.
Nah. The dealer has an accessories department that “tricks out” trucks. I was a service advisor for Ford for 5 years. “I know my rights” haha.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn man, sorry to hear this. A month is a tad bit long but what can you do. Like you said, “just want it done right”. Glad you have other rides to get you by. Hang in there…

Last edited:

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
This sucks Keith, I am sorry to hear this. There is someone I follow on another site and he is having almost the exact same issue. This unfortunately is not an isolated case. The ****** thing is......not sure why this happening. I have another friend that his 22 go into low power mode after driving down dirt road. It seems there may be a larger issue here affecting numerous trucks.

OP
OP
Keith88

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn man, sorry to hear this. A month is tad bit long but what can you do. Like you said, “just want it done right”. Glad you have other rides to get you by. Hang in there…
Thanks man. 1st world problems. Have a warranty. All is gonna be ok. Haven’t driven the cobra in 2 years. Might turn 30k miles.

Attachments

• 6E6DE415-317D-4222-9E07-BDFAC57202A7.jpeg
    6E6DE415-317D-4222-9E07-BDFAC57202A7.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 70