Transmission Warranty Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danlwells

Reaction score
My 2017 SCREW was bogging down in city traffic driving not wanting to downshift. It was also surging when I put it in first on cold starts. Also shifted hard when downshifting from 2nd to first (downshifting from all other gears was smooth). Took it to the dealer yesterday to check it out. Still have about 15kmiles left on 8 yr 100k premium care warranty. Dealer called and said no codes were retrieved. Said they cleared adaptive tables in the TCM and completed learn drive cycle. Said vehicle is shifting fine now. Went to pick vehicle up and they tell me that it’s not covered under warranty because no parts were necessary for the repair? They charged me one hour service at $300/hr + tax of course. Anyone else dealt with a software issue not being covered under warranty?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's highway robbery, I would 100% talk to service manager or escalate to owner followed by Ford Corporate.

OP
OP
Danlwells

Danlwells

Reaction score
I had no idea that this issue wouldn’t be covered under warranty. I would never agreed to this ridiculous rate obviously

OP
OP
Danlwells

Danlwells

Reaction score
Great news. I advised my service advisor of the TSB 22-139. They are now going to cover the transmission repair under warranty and refund my $300+tax. Too bad I had too spend hours of research to convince them that this was a warranty issue but I’m obviously happy with the outcome

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 SCREW was bogging down in city traffic driving not wanting to downshift. It was also surging when I put it in first on cold starts. Also shifted hard when downshifting from 2nd to first (downshifting from all other gears was smooth). Took it to the dealer yesterday to check it out. Still have about 15kmiles left on 8 yr 100k premium care warranty. Dealer called and said no codes were retrieved. Said they cleared adaptive tables in the TCM and completed learn drive cycle. Said vehicle is shifting fine now. Went to pick vehicle up and they tell me that it’s not covered under warranty because no parts were necessary for the repair? They charged me one hour service at $300/hr + tax of course. Anyone else dealt with a software issue not being covered under warranty?
Check out the Cobb accessport tuner for the TCM. YouTube has a few examples of some fixes.