Transmission Temp gauge not getting up to temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear I’m currently not experiencing any shifting issues or limp mode or anything. Fingers crossed. My trans isn’t overheating I don’t think. Today the trans temp gauges started taking forever to get up to temp. After driving and the motor reaching operating temp the trans tram gauge barely has moved off cool. It’s been doing it multiple times today on multiple trips. Any ideas what could cause this issue!?

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a thermostat in the trans that bypasses the cooler when cold. Maybe yours is stuck open. Check the trans cooler and trans pan temp with a heat gun to see if they are similiar temp when warmed up.

OP
OP
B

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a thermostat in the trans that bypasses the cooler when cold. Maybe yours is stuck open. Check the trans cooler and trans pan temp with a heat gun to see if they are similiar temp when warmed up.
Is it actually in the trans or hopefully mounted on the outside?

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear I’m currently not experiencing any shifting issues or limp mode or anything. Fingers crossed. My trans isn’t overheating I don’t think. Today the trans temp gauges started taking forever to get up to temp. After driving and the motor reaching operating temp the trans tram gauge barely has moved off cool. It’s been doing it multiple times today on multiple trips. Any ideas what could cause this issue!?
Are you climbing hills, driving a long time, doing lots of stop and go, long time on highway?