Transmission Slam coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpwrx2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently, my raptor has started to slam when coming to a full stop. It almost feels like the converter is coming out of lock up right as I stop. I have researched and found several possible causes. I need to make sure its not the drive shaft yoke tmmrw by coming to a stop with the transmission in neutral. Any other possible issues that would cause this?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the yoke lubed years back and that solved my issue, I would start there and then go with the lead frame in the transmission after that.

jonfo

Reaction score
I used to have this as well with my 17. When I had the service bulletins for my cam phasers and something with the turbos fixed they also did something with the trans that stopped this.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 with 1000 miles on it and I came to a quick stop the other day and got a pretty hard slam in one of the downshifts. I've been watching it closely to see if i get another one.. my 17 used to kind of do it on a smaller scale as well