Transmission Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully this wraps up my week of maintenance. Had the local ford dealership do the transmission flush at 65k so this time I decided to drop the pan and do a fluid & filter. I've never done this procedure before but so far things have gone fairly well just like the youtube videos I watched.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
pat247

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Transmission service is done, got the Raptor put back togather and fired it up for the first time. Sweet, it fired right up and did not throw the new belt, took it for a short test drive and no issues. I need to get a tech to check the trans fluid level for me then I can romp on it a little.

I found these sitting on the case if Mercon LV I bought a few months ago, forgot all about them.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 64

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been getting the transmission serviced at Ford every 60k or less with zero issues (sort of) Currently sitting at 217k. I do know if it hasn’t been done before 60k Ford won’t touch it. In fact the service manager told me if I had done it somewhere else the wouldn’t do it either. Fluids don’t last forever, so I don’t get not changing it out? I guess they want you to just drive it until it fails then buy a new one. My sort of comment was because the first time I serviced the transmission I did it myself and it didn’t go as planned. Been taking it to Ford ever since with no issues.

OP
OP
pat247

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had the local ford dealership check the transmission fluid level and correct as needed. Was informed it was about 3 qts low, they topped off with the three qts I had left over. When I refilled the tranny after servicing I was only able to pump 5 1/2 qts in before it overflowed so I kind of knew it would be low. That wraps up the tranny service for my Raptor, stay safe everyone.

Reaction score
I’m scheduled for transfer case fluid service, transmission fluid / filter service (no flush), front & rear diff fluid service in a couple weeks. I’m also replacing plugs, battery, tires and brake pads. Got a hold off some C rated BFG’s and some akebono ceramic pads.

With 50k used miles I figured better to be safe than sorry.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m scheduled for transfer case fluid service, transmission fluid / filter service (no flush), front & rear diff fluid service in a couple weeks. I’m also replacing plugs, battery, tires and brake pads. Got a hold off some C rated BFG’s and some akebono ceramic pads.

With 50k used miles I figured better to be safe than sorry.
Little early for plugs, don't need to change them until at 100k, the rest of your maintenance items seem appropriate though. Won't hurt to do the plugs, but just seems early. I had mine done at the dealer @100k and then did them myself at 150k along with new coils and wires.