Transmission repair issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davez134

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've had some shifting issues with my transmission in mu 2017 Raptor. I took it to my local dealer (Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas, NV) on October 24th. Per the conversation with my service advisor they diagnosed it, consulted with Ford, decided to tear town and overhaul/rebuild under my extended service plan.

I have been told parts were backordered, then arrived, then new parts were needed but those were backordered. I've also started a claim with Ford Customer Care to try and expedite things but as of now parts are still backordered with no ETA. I am coming up on 3 months without my truck, and I feel like there is nothing I can do. I am also wondering why they are staying with the rebuild vs replacement (I'm guessing its because they are getting paid more labor hours)

Have any of you experienced similar issues? Does anyone know what recourse I may have legally to get my truck back? It is sitting outside at the dealership with no transmission for a couple months now and all I keep hearing is "sorry" and "thank you for your patience." Ive tried searching online to see what I can do from here but havent really found any good information. Thanks for reading, I'm open to any advice you all may have.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the extended service plan through Ford or is it aftermarket? For the Ford ESP/Protect warranty, the decision to repair vs. replace is determined by parts and labor vs. cost of an assembly. Under the factory powertrain warranty, dealers can do a “next level” repair when parts aren’t available, which in this case would be a transmission assembly. You may want to call ESP and see if they would be willing to get a complete assembly to get the truck back on the road.

OP
OP
D

Davez134

Reaction score
Is the extended service plan through Ford or is it aftermarket? For the Ford ESP/Protect warranty, the decision to repair vs. replace is determined by parts and labor vs. cost of an assembly. Under the factory powertrain warranty, dealers can do a “next level” repair when parts aren’t available, which in this case would be a transmission assembly. You may want to call ESP and see if they would be willing to get a complete assembly to get the truck back on the road.
Thank you for the reply. It is the ESP through Ford. I will try contacting someone at the ESP, Thanks!

charlieh313

Reaction score
Did you ever get anywhere with contacting Ford or your truck back on the road? I'm going on 2 months so far for my transmission waiting for a seal kit of some sort. I was considering reaching out to Ford to see if there is anything else that can be done as there is no ETA in sight either.

Spice

Reaction score
I am going through similar situation. My 2019 Raptor has been sitting at Ford for 2 months, here in Las Vegas.

We’re you able to get issues resolved?

Spice

Reaction score
Did you ever get anywhere with contacting Ford or your truck back on the road? I'm going on 2 months so far for my transmission waiting for a seal kit of some sort. I was considering reaching out to Ford to see if there is anything else that can be done as there is no ETA in sight either.
I am going through similar situation. Truck at Ford two months no resolution. Did you get your truck repaired?

OP
OP
D

Davez134

Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t see these sooner…All the parts finally came in and they finished the rebuild of the transmission. The most frustrating part about it all was that I feel like I was being misled the whole time. I was told parts were in, then told they weren’t. And when I would ask for an update I couldn’t get a response unless I actually went over there. I did get it back at the end of January and it was done right.

It’s back there now with another issue (unrelated) and I’m having the same communication issues. It’s been there a week and I can’t get a reply about what was found and what they are doing. I really wanted to take it somewhere else but I live so close.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had the same transmission issues, and same delays, with my wife's 2020 Expedition. Shifting delays/hesitation at low speeds/low gears. They had it 7 weeks. Luckily, I had a free loaner.

JAH onelove

Reaction score
Am currently going though the same problem on my 2017 raptor, under my extended warranty they replace my transmission, now they told me my check engine light is on, an it need a new computer. they order new computer. Now they having problems with programming the truck.
FML