Transmission recall codes P0720 & P0722 Output shaft sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pk64f100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Output shaft speed sensor circuit P0720 & P0722 codes came up when the truck would not leave 1st gear and speedometer was not working. I called dealer and they said they will repair and know what’s wrong The mechanic told my salesman who I purchased truck from in July that he has done this recall repair on some module in transmission. The truck also shifts a little hard at times. I hope this does fix the issues. When I purchased truck I asked the salesman to have all recalls done and he said that the dealership took care of all recalls which included a daft ware update on the transmission. Anyone have any experience with this issue and any information to help me ensure when I get truck back that it is repaired correctly? The reason I ask is that the dealership has had my truck 2 now 3 times to fix the power steering which makes some nasty noises when I turn 3/4- all the way to left They replaced Rack pinion but the HOWE pump seems to whine and then the rack makes the horrible noises like it binds up all the way to left

Tim Collins

Reaction score
I have a 2011 raptor originally purchased with 70k miles, in year 2017 Started transmission issues hard shifts pretty much immediately after purchasing it dealership said nothing was wrong blew my transmission about a year after recently the recall came out for bad pcm and speed sensor was having same issue with hard shifts on a new transmission. Coincidence I think not. I had them do the recall which only updated my pcm, never touched my speed sensor. Was still having issues they told me that i should contact ford that they won’t do anything about it. It’s not there truck pretty much not there problem so a week later brought it to an outside transmission shop to get a second opinion and my transmission blew once again. Transmission mechanics reviewed and confirmed that if you have a bad speed sensor and pcm that a transmission can have issues internally. I then got in touch with Ford after waiting and they told me to bring it in the dealership and have them look at it. So I had it towed there and all they told me was I had a blown transmission with I knew. They called me back and said they will not fix it that I have to spend another 5200 on a new transmission. I asked for a supervisor and they said he would contact from customer support. I then waited and never got a call. The lady handling my case then called me and said they still won’t fix it. I asked if a supervisor can call me and explain why still nothing be careful Ford knows something and would contact them if you have a recall or have had to replace transmission.

SilverSVT13

Reaction score
I’m a little late to the party as my truck is a 13 raptor and just recently thew the P0722 code the dealership swapped all the parts but did a tranny flush my truck has 76k miles on it I did a tranny drain and fill when it had 55k on it should i be worried I know flushes are frowned up on ?