GEN 1 Transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alar

Reaction score
So 2014 Raptor. Last year I had to do a total gearbox rebuild with valve body change. At the moment I have 188k miles on it, but thanks to COVID I have put maybe 20k miles on gearbox after rebuilding. If I remember correctly then gearbox was totally rebuilt but TC was left as it was.

Today I got the yellow wrench on my instrument cluster. After that I noticed some weird behavior when shifting to 1st gear. It wouldn't engage properly. sometimes it jerks in. Also reversing is weird. Even if I wait after shifting, still the engine would revv up more than usual before it goes into 1st or R gear.

Used my OBD reader. Got P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Performance Or Stuck Off. And P1744 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Performance.

I have 0 leaks under my car (oil should all be there), transmission temp has been normal all the time. At the moment took battery off.

Is there some wiring that i can check? all ideas are appreciated.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the OBD codes says problem with the hydraulic circuit , or could be open coil winding? Maybe something came unplugged inside. Cheapest route after checking lead frame plug on outside is drop pan and Ohms test the solenoids. Can you take it back to person that rebuilt it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alar

Alar

Reaction score
lead frame plug
Could you explain where to look?

I hope I can get it back to the guy who rebuilt it, but he had a bad case of COVID few months ago (it was touch and go for some time). He is not taking on any jobs atm. That's why I want to diagnose the problem myself at first.

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would disconnect battery , then unplug from transmission and look if oil contamination or pins are burnt something looks wrong . If all is good i would pull the pan and look. Also check and make sure none of the transmission wiring harness is laying on exhaust and burning .

Attachments

• InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 15