Transmission not shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmboy876

Reaction score
Well. Just sold my dodge diesel and bought a 2012 6.2 raptor and less than 24 hours of owning it the transmission shifted down from 6th to 5th and the speedometer quit working. I stopped and filled up and after turning the truck off and restarting it ran fine. Then this morning the truck wouldn’t shift out of first gear. I put in in manual mode and it shifted from 1 to 2 the from 2nd to 3rd I heard a “clunk”. So I limped it home and now today it ran fine. Any ideas?

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you see if there's any codes? Does the speedometer read all dashes? Could be lead frame, could be worse (transmission rebuild), where did you buy it from? Any warranty??? Not sure where you're at or the state laws there, but I think I would be taking it back...I'm sure not what you want to hear but unless you're versed in transmissions it will be both costly and time consuming to repair it. Lead frame doesn't look like a real bad job but it sounds to me there's more going on in yours, either shift solenoids (which require reprogramming the TCM if replaced I think) or clutch packs...at the very least see if it has any codes stored and go from there. Good luck mang I hate to hear something like that.

OP
OP
Farmboy876

Farmboy876

Reaction score
Not sure on the speedo, it’s covered from the place I bought it and it currently at the dealership. But like most people I’m pretty unsure of the dealer that has it. They won’t have their “transmission guy” there until Tuesday.

OP
OP
Farmboy876

Farmboy876

Reaction score
Dealer is saying it’s the output speed sensor. Part is on order so hopefully that fixes the issue