Transmission Lead Frame Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FRF, anyone have any experience with the 6R80 transmission? 2013 Raptor suddenly downshifts? Codes thrown are P0763 & P0979?
I know there was a recall on earlier model years but not on 2013 or my vin, I am not sure if those codes refer back to the lead frame recall? Any advice would be appreciated.

Tim Collins

Reaction score
I have a 2011 raptor originally purchased with 70k miles, in year 2017 Started transmission issues hard shifts pretty much immediately after purchasing it dealership said nothing was wrong blew my transmission about a year after recently the recall came out for bad pcm and speed sensor was having same issue with hard shifts on a new transmission. Coincidence I think not. I had them do the recall which only updated my pcm, never touched my speed sensor. Was still having issues they told me that i should contact ford that they won’t do anything about it. It’s not there truck pretty much not there problem so a week later brought it to an outside transmission shop to get a second opinion and my transmission blew once again. Transmission mechanics reviewed and confirmed that if you have a bad speed sensor and pcm that a transmission can have issues internally. I then got in touch with Ford after waiting and they told me to bring it in the dealership and have them look at it. So I had it towed there and all they told me was I had a blown transmission with I knew. They called me back and said they will not fix it that I have to spend another 5200 on a new transmission. I asked for a supervisor and they said he would contact from customer support. I then waited and never got a call. The lady handling my case then called me and said they still won’t fix it. I asked if a supervisor can call me and explain why still nothing be careful Ford knows something and would contact them if you have a recall or have had to replace transmission.
FRF, anyone have any experience with the 6R80 transmission? 2013 Raptor suddenly downshifts? Codes thrown are P0763 & P0979?
I know there was a recall on earlier model years but not on 2013 or my vin, I am not sure if those codes refer back to the lead frame recall? Any advice would be appreciated.