Transmission issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DV8ED Brit

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm Uk based and have a 2012 Roush charged gen 1 that after about 2 miles can't make up its mind what gear it wants to be in . It will usually stop jumping about all over the place and lock itself into 5th . If it's turned off and back on it will reset and then do it all again.
I have replaced the valve body and lead frame for a ford factory recon unit, checked all the wiring to PCM etc but still the same. Any advice on where to go next would be appreciated !. Cheers

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the lead frame issue (just from my limited knowledge of the subject), was it pulled from a used transmission? Can you find a new one? Good luck!

Reaction score
This sounds similar to what mine was doing this past week. Mine was shifting hard to 2nd and then struggling to get outta 3rd until it eventually went into limp mode. Took it into the shop and was told the shift solenoid in the transmission gave out. I was quoted at 2k to have it replaced…