GEN 2 Transmission Issue at WOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Louie

Reaction score
2018 with 17,000 miles. Issue has been pretty much since I bought the truck but daily driving you don't really run into the issue. Under heavy throttle from 4500 rpm-5500 rpm it would cut in and out of power a few times like its shifting hard but its not upshifting either until past 5500 rpm so the truck bucks. I have been to the dealer 3 times for the same issue. They finally replaced a part in the transmission and now this issue happens ever 4th time under heavy throttle instead of every time.

Anyone else have this issue? Couldnt find anyone else with this problem yet.

Isnt the transmission the only part Chevy had a hand in? -__-

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t recall having heard this one before. Does it ever upshift in this condition?
does it change if it’s in sport mode or manual shifting mode?

OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Reaction score
I don’t recall having heard this one before. Does it ever upshift in this condition?
does it change if it’s in sport mode or manual shifting mode?

Yes eventually it upshifts after bogging down a couple times. Seems to be less prevalent after the part swap in Sport or Manual. The worst speeds are usually 80-100mph. And WOT from a slow roll in 1/2nd gear. But there are times its perfectly smooth. Ive debated trading for a new year model or seeing if this is something they could lemon.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Isnt the transmission the only part Chevy had a hand in? -__-

I don't know how much Chevy had to do with it but a ZF 8 speed would have been awesome. Who would have thought 10 years ago Dodge would have the best transmission today lol

Last edited:

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of too many hardware issues with the 10 speed. Most complaints are about the tuning. The strange part is that the 10 speed in the 18+ Mustang is a fantastic transmission. I've never owned an auto tranny that I liked until my Mustang. And they are holding up well in some high HP builds.

I had really high hopes for the Raptor, but we all know there could be improvements in the tuning. Of course they will be a few real problems here and there either way. But it's a good transmission with the right tune.

Wild Card

Reaction score
I have the 10 speed in my wife’s 2018 Cadillac Escalade with the 6.2L and it’s absolutely awesome. Same tranny in my 2018 Raptor, not tuned nearly as well. I have had my dealer do the update and still not close to the GM version of the tranny tune...and I’m not a big GM fan but that tranny mates very nicely to a V8

OP
OP
Louie

Louie

Reaction score
UPDATE. First of all. Thanks to all that contacted and helped give advice on the issue.

I dropped my truck off last week and just got it back today.

There ended up being a misfire and there was an issue with the fuel system. The dealer replaced the coil pack, spark plugs, an injector for one cylinder and a sensor from what I was informed and from the work order I received. Looks like it was partially the tranny and mostly the engine. So far the issue is gone. Hoping it stays that way!