Transmission Filter and Fluid Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Ford recommends that the transmission fluid and filter be changed at 150,000 miles. They do NOT recommend fluid exchanges or flushes, because they can take debris from the pan and filter and pull it through the rest of the transmission, causing damage.

Agree, except 150,000 is way to long before changing oil and changing filter.

Transmission oil should be changed at 30,000 miles and the oil and filter at 60,000 miles at least according to FordTechMakuloco on YouTube which I agree with.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine 2010 f150 platinum I used to have, not my favorite maintnance job but not to bad, take your time, buy what you need(now you have it for future maintnance) and you will save money now and later.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ESPcoatings

Reaction score
Get a magnetic bolt and a nut. Drill the hole (larger than 1/8") in the pan and weld the nut over it so the holes line up. Then you've got a drain plug for next time. Done it many times, never had any problems. Any mig welder could do it. If you're in the Grand Rapids, MI area you can hit me up and I'll weld it for you. No charge, tips accepted. Just have it ready for me to weld, please.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drop the pan and change the filter every 50,000... My local transmission shop only charges me a couple hundred ... Its cheap insurance and I don't have to swim in Mercon...