Transmission coolers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the SDHQ Trans pan but just haven't put it on yet. I bought a new Trans gasket from the dealer. I didn't buy a filter but is there a filter? Should I buy a filter? I ordered the Amsoil from my Amsoil guy. Did y'all just put in the Trans fluid? Or is there something else to add? I know there was another thread where some guys were talking about friction modifiers? WTH?

No filter is necessary unless you want to but it does take a special machine that the oil change places most likely will not have...

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep your car in select shift and keep the RPMs between 3k and 5k while offroading. The temps stay around 220. They get up to 240 in automatic with all the up/down shifting, bogging, and heat from the torque converter I think. I am no expert, just what I do when I offroad in Mexico in March the last 2 years, as well as the desert in summer.