Transmission compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aldo0280

Reaction score
I have a 2013 ford raptor & my trans wont shift above 3rd gear. Need to fix/replace for least amount of money. Found some 6r80 transmissions on ebay for pretty cheap but not sure which ones if any are compatible with my raptor? Does anyone know if the 6r80 behind the 5.0 would work? Im pretty sure the f150's with 6.2 trans are the same but what about the f250 with 6.2 do those have same trans? My transmission is throwing p07AA-00 code & wont shift into 4th, 5th or 6th gear. The local trans place i usually use for some reason said he doesnt rebuild the 6r80's he said he just gets remanufactured ones which he wants $5000-$6000 for so ive been calling around & also looking on ebay byt there is a big difference in price for some of the 6r80's so i was hoping maybe one from an f150 would work? I appreciate any help anyone can offer!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
P07AA indicates the overdrive clutch has failed “off”. The PCM will limit the transmission to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd by intent to prevent additional damage.

These transmissions are fully serviceable; there is no reason to replace the entire unit unless yours has catastrophic damage. I would get a second opinion.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2013 ford raptor & my trans wont shift above 3rd gear. Need to fix/replace for least amount of money. Found some 6r80 transmissions on ebay for pretty cheap but not sure which ones if any are compatible with my raptor? Does anyone know if the 6r80 behind the 5.0 would work? Im pretty sure the f150's with 6.2 trans are the same but what about the f250 with 6.2 do those have same trans? My transmission is throwing p07AA-00 code & wont shift into 4th, 5th or 6th gear. The local trans place i usually use for some reason said he doesnt rebuild the 6r80's he said he just gets remanufactured ones which he wants $5000-$6000 for so ive been calling around & also looking on ebay byt there is a big difference in price for some of the 6r80's so i was hoping maybe one from an f150 would work? I appreciate any help anyone can offer!
First thing to do is get a new Trans shop.. The 6R80 is a great transmission and has a ton of support for rebuilding. Circle D for converters, Xeddy for clutches etc.
As for your questions, yest the Coyote F150 is the trans. The SD used 6R80 up to 2016 or 17 then moved to the 6R100 in gas engine and I think 6R140 in Diesel.
6R80 and 6R100 share a ton of parts, but I think you want to rebuild yours.
I had one of mine rebuilt with HD clutch parts etc, new Lead Frame, valve body, converter and I think I was only $35-3700 (few years ago, but should be close)

OP
OP
A

Aldo0280

Reaction score
Wow thank you all for your help! I actually didnt even know anyone replied & i was looking up the p07aa code & came across this which i am the one who started this thread anyways i agree i would really like to get my trans rebuilt but im having a hard time finding a place that will do it. Ive found one place that is willing to at least give me a price but ive been calling them for a couple weeks now & they still haven't been able to give me a quote. So i think im gonna have to just find one & replace it & just wondering if i end up going with a used one what is compatible that is basically plug & play? There are a few raptor trans on ebay but most have a lot of miles & they are close to if not more than $2000 but i saw a few f150 trans for quite a bit cheaper with less miles. So just to clarify the 6r80 from a f150 with the 5.0 will work? & 6r80 from f250 before 2016 with the 6.2 will work? & im assuming an f150 with 6.2 should also work? Thanks again for the help! Very much appreciated!

OP
OP
A

Aldo0280

Reaction score
I was just re-reading the replys & i see canuck714 said the 6r80 from the 5.0 & the f250 would work! Thats awesome than u! I would way rather just have mine rebuilt but i cannot find any place locally so far that either will or that i would let. I live about 2.5 hrs north of Sacramento California in Redding area if anyone knows of a good trans place?

OP
OP
A

Aldo0280

Reaction score
Idk if im supposed to start a new thread or not but i also have a problem with my locking diff. The wires somehow got ripped out of the feild coil & i was wondering if its possible to just replace the feild coil? If so where can i find one ive looked everywhere. If its not replacable what carrier or locking diff is compatible to replace the whole unit with? It looks like the lil tabs that hold the feild coil from spinning bent somehow & allowed the coil to rotate & ripped the wires out.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Aldo0280

I would give RPG and SVC a call, they are Raptor Off-Road Performance specific shops.
Both are vendors on here as well.
They might be willing to tell you of good tranny shops.
And maybe for the rear.
Wheel hop usually does that with the E-Locker, may want look into traction bars.

Last edited: