Transmission Adaptive Learning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Docked Wages

Reaction score
This Adaptive learning BS we've been dealing with is now solved. I ordered an OBD Link MX+ and downloaded the Forscan Lite App on my Android phone. Today I sat in the driveway for 1/2 an hour and cleared the Adaptive Learning myself.

The truck drives like it should now.

Amazing that a $99 adapter and a free APP on my phone will free me from the chains of taking this thing to the dealer monthly to get the truck shifting smoothly again. Worth every penny...

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you when I click the selection in Forscan it asks to turn off motor leave key on acc. We don’t have keys do we just turn off motor and not open the door? I get this when I tried not sure if it took saw no progress on the progress bar was just kinda instantanius.

Attachments

• 8E43163F-B2AD-4261-9007-2717C37B96F6.png
    8E43163F-B2AD-4261-9007-2717C37B96F6.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 14

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turn off motor then hit start button again, without pressing the brake.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Succcess!!!! Been driving around pissed for the last month with a hard clunk when it downshifted from 4th to 3rd don’t have time to drop off at the dealer but for the time being clearing it with Forscan worked . It’s been so smooth I keep looking to see if I went from 4th to 3rd pretty happy right now.

Win Seeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but does clearing the tables fix the issue completely, or do you need to clear the tables periodically? I'm experiencing exactly your symptoms of a very hard downshift that jerks the cab when shifting down from 4th to 3rd.

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but does clearing the tables fix the issue completely, or do you need to clear the tables periodically? I'm experiencing exactly your symptoms of a very hard downshift that jerks the cab when shifting down from 4th to 3rd.
It fixed my issue, still going 10k + miles. Simple enough to reset if your results aren’t the same!!! Forscan is an amazing tool