transmission 1-2 shift hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it not have to be tuned to go 1-2? My original tune hit hard sometimes on those shifts with NPT however they made a newer version that corrected it. This was from a couple years ago though.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Tried mine, which is a new transmission, in sport and normal mode and even at various levels of easy to moderately getting on it it shifted through each gear, 1-2-3-4-5 etc. No jumping gears.

Stef700

Reaction score
I have it also with my 2020, but only with a cold engine. It shifts every gear, but 1 and 2 are harsh. When dosing the throttle it is smoother. Also it is worse when the weather is colder.

Danradman

Reaction score
Hi all. I see a lot of replies on 2nd Gens and 3rd gens, but nothing on 1st gens. I have a stock 2011 Raptor Supercrew with the 6.2L V8. I’ve always had an issue with low speed hard up shift from 1st to 2nd gear. It most commonly happens when rolling slowly downhill in 1st gear (like in traffic or when coming out of my driveway which has slight hill), and you hit the gas pedal, it seems like the transmission “forgets” what gear it’s in relative to the rolling speed and it gives a HARD upshift into 2nd gear. A big thump. Kinda like the transmission isn’t “talking” to the speed sensor correctly. Let me know if anyone else has this issue and if there is a fix. I’ve had the tranny “flashed” (reset) by the dealer multiple times, and it helps temporarily, but always reoccurs. Is there a TSB on this? Or should I get an engine/tranny tune by someone like “Five-Star”?. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.