Transferring an order???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtslinger

Reaction score
I have a friend who ordered a 23', it's sitting on the lot now, he doesn't want it, and the salesman is telling me that "Ford" won't allow the dealer to transfer it to me, and that he has to buy it, and sell it to me, or just forfit the truck to the dealer.

BTW, his order is at MSRP, and the dealer typically sells at 20K ADM.

Anyone have any real world experience, seems like the dealer is just trying to make 20K on it

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty accurate, dealers are audited to sell a certain % of retail orders to the original order holder (which is why they grab your license when you place it).

Doing so is supposed to stop last second ADM gouging on the original order holder, and help stop dealers just putting fictitious retail orders in to get more inventory.

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell him to buy it cash with a montana LLC, pay no taxes on truck, then sell it to you for msrp :cool:

Sounds easier than it actually is but an option forsure

OP
OP
D

dirtslinger

Reaction score
Tell him to buy it cash with a montana LLC, pay no taxes on truck, then sell it to you for msrp :cool:

Sounds easier than it actually is but an option forsure

Actually buying from Team Ford in Vegas, for CA residence, they sell it with buy responsible for taxes and registration

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two options i see
1) All that really needs to happen is the dealer decides to be helpful and agrees to sell it to you at MSRP and he (friend) releases the dealer in writing so they have something to show to ford then you do the paperwork just like any customer... sounds like the dealer is being hard headed on that front
2) Depending on how good of a friends you are....
I dont see why he couldn't buy it with both your names on the title where his name leads the paperwork (to make ford happy), if financing you cosign or alone take out the loan to finance it. Then immediately legally release him from the loan obligation and title to register it in your name only.

Last edited: