transfer case leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had transfer case leaking? Front seal is leaking 380 miles on truck havent even gone though a tank of gas yet????

Last edited:

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone had transfer case leaking? Front seal is leaking 380 miles on truck havent even gone threw a tank of gas yet????

Not the exact same issue but similar concern initially. I was leaking transmission fluid after the 'roll pin recall' repair and initially they thought it was a bad transmission pan seal and a bad front seal between the transmission and transfer case.

They replaced both seals, I kept leaking transmission fluid in the area of the front seal. Come to find out it was leaking around the transmission case bolts where the transfer case bolts to the transmission.

Basically, I needed a new transmission case but they haven't been built for parts yet so they had to replace the entire transmission.

Good luck. Mine was in the shop for 40 days.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40 days is a bunch of garbage. This should not be happening from any dealer/manufacture. Assemble better products/parts save a lot of warranty costs and consumer frustration.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
40 days is a bunch of garbage. This should not be happening from any dealer/manufacture. Assemble better products/parts save a lot of warranty costs and consumer frustration.

You can’t practically eliminate all failures, the big issue here is the frequency with which Raptor parts are simply not available.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smurfslayer really? This is not specifically a raptor problem. Raptor parts not available? You need to look at the thread a little more. The ten speed is the same one used in a lot of f150"s. It was just a housing issue according to the owner. Not a raptor issue. Ford replaced the whole transmission, which would be fine with me also. Would not want some dealer mechanic swapping parts on mine.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This seems to be entirely WAY too common with Ford. I only recently got my 2018 back after being at the dealer for over a month because it needed a new PCM and it was on backorder the entire time. Ridiculous.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is crazy. Just look into other manufacturers recalls etc. All have a issue with no parts. They want to supply the production line first,not the current owners. Which is total BS. Take care of the current owners first. It is simple.