Trans Tuning COBB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you order? I called, left VM, and messaged them on this board with no response on ordering . . .

There are a few vendors on the forum that sell Cobb products as well. Some even stock those products. And some post their cell phone numbers on their website to make sure you can always reach someone. Just sayin!

And Cobb just extended their once a year only sale! All Cobb products are 10% off.

PH: 888-466-8991
Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

91F53163-F2D6-440D-9A3C-E7D8D29E243A.jpeg

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 thing Cobb realized in their testing is that the 2019 tcm was refined from Ford so if you’re in good with your dealer see if they will reflash your 2017 and 2018 TCM to the newest software. I’ll order it and try all 3. I’m wondering if the transmission will go through a relearn with each map

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So does Apple and but they still have issues days after their software releases. I don’t think Badgertits was saying don’t get the tune cause it not a good tune but as we all can agree, there are always feed back good and bad when an item is released and feedback is given. Hence why zombie killer will be providing feedback to them about the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically yeah- I mean check out what companies like Gearhead/MPT/Livernois have done over the years - LONG history of tuning domestic vehicles w/ auto transmissions. Cobb? Great rep in the tuner/fast n furious crowd but I mean hell most of their rep was built on vehicles that aren’t even offered w/ an automatic!!!! Food for thought.

I’ll call cobb for a tune when I buy an STi....just sayin

Gearhead? There are diesel truck owners that opt for TRANS ONLY tunes from them b/c the stock power is already huge, they don’t necessarily wanna mess w/ DEF systems, but they want access to ALL the stock power & enjoy the smoothness & refinement of the trans tune Gearhead offers.

If that doesn’t make you question getting a “custom tune” that doesn’t touch the tranny OR getting your trans tuned by a company w/ limited experience on domestic (particularly GM & Ford) tranny tuning I don’t know what else to tell ya

Last edited:

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our shop has worked with Cobb since they were new babies on the block, they are the most fantastic group of folks and you will not meet a company that is more in focus with their customers. FW Motorsports if you want to verify...thanks folks!!

lilgsx96

Reaction score
I’m just gonna leave this right here if the 2019 guys (me) want TCM tune, why would you even load the 19 TCM tune on your 17-18?

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Basically yeah- I mean check out what companies like Gearhead/MPT/Livernois have done over the years - LONG history of tuning domestic vehicles w/ auto transmissions. Cobb? Great rep in the tuner/fast n furious crowd but I mean hell most of their rep was built on vehicles that aren’t even offered w/ an automatic!!!! Food for thought.

I’ll call cobb for a tune when I buy an STi....just sayin

Gearhead? There are diesel truck owners that opt for TRANS ONLY tunes from them b/c the stock power is already huge, they don’t necessarily wanna mess w/ DEF systems, but they want access to ALL the stock power & enjoy the smoothness & refinement of the trans tune Gearhead offers.

If that doesn’t make you question getting a “custom tune” that doesn’t touch the tranny OR getting your trans tuned by a company w/ limited experience on domestic (particularly GM & Ford) tranny tuning I don’t know what else to tell ya

We've been working with the Ford 6R80 and 10R80 for years through the Mustang. We developed the first ever software-based transbrake for both the 6R and 10R. We've also done extensive development into Porsche PDK, VW DSG, and GT-R TCM.

Gearhead and MPT are home to some great tuners, but that doesn't mean we haven't spent plenty of time with these transmissions either.