Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Trans Tuning COBB

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Nero_Wolfe, Nov 21, 2019.

1. discowagon

discowagon Full Access Member

Tested out the new Cobb TCM tune on my commute home today. Started with the OEM+ flash, definitely noticeable! Smoother shifting, holds the gear a bit longer, no more hunting for gears or taking a while for kickdown. Glad it’s finally released!!!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. Tyler Kissner

Tyler Kissner Member

Ordered mine today. Just rolled the stage 2 tune after installing the FMIC over the weekend. Will see how it all works

Mbdurham likes this.
  3. Dirtypope

Dirtypope Full Access Member

Come on Cobb $360???? That’s really a lot for system upgrade. What happen to try it free for the first 30 days!? Lol

cheers

Mbdurham likes this.
  4. Mbdurham

Mbdurham Full Access Member

You’ve apparently got to bash them first :)

FWIW I’m running Cobb stage 2 tune, Cobb FMIC and ACC relocation bracket that doesn’t actually work for 19’s but Nick at Apollo Optics sent me a ADD bracket to retrofit FOC to make it right but I have no complaints on the Cobb stuff I have thus far

Although I thought about it for looks I see no reason for any intake as I know from my 700HP TT V8 BMW M5 days that an intake does nothing for Performance. This has also been communicated for our trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  5. Kashoggio

Kashoggio Lives in a van down by the river.

I didn’t really expect the price to be past $300 for those that have already invested in their products. Disappointing

Wileecoyote and 06z like this.
  6. BSB

BSB Member

How did you order? I called, left VM, and messaged them on this board with no response on ordering . . .

7. Nood1es

Nood1es Full Access Member

I called first and left vm. Nothing in 2 hrs, called back and got someone to assist me.

8. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

Yep- as I’ve said before since joining this forum being my first Ford & my modding experience being mainly GM V8 stuff I was ASTONISHED that people were buying/bragging about “custom tunes” that didn’t touch the tranny.....on a vehicle w/ the highest number of cogs in a torque converter automatic in the industry- straight up head scratching & laughable @ the same time.

An ecm tune will show the added power on the dyno, but very little chance all the power gets utilized & translates into significant performance improvement when the left hand quite literally doesn’t know what the right is doing type of thing- stock trans tuning skipping shifts, cutting shift torque, dialing in tq mgmt & being slow to respond etc is going to negate a lot of the added power as it relates to say, 1/4 mile results.

So now w/ this while I applaud Cobb for finally getting in on the trans tuning anyone who was running this tune before now quite literally got “1/2 a tune”....& based on the price of admission for cobbs trans tuning @ $360, relative to MPT or gearhead you’re original purchase was less than 1/2 lol

Personally would sit on sidelines for a bit before being cobbs guinea pig as they try to figure it out.

TYRCS likes this.
  9. Wfo

Wfo FRF Addict

Cobb has spent countless hours doing R&D before they release anything. We are getting a finished product, they don’t prey on guinea pigs.

wgr73 likes this.
  10. Kashoggio

Kashoggio Lives in a van down by the river.

So does Apple and but they still have issues days after their software releases. I don’t think Badgertits was saying don’t get the tune cause it not a good tune but as we all can agree, there are always feed back good and bad when an item is released and feedback is given. Hence why zombie killer will be providing feedback to them about the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixshooter_45 and Wfo like this.