Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Trans Tuning COBB

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Nero_Wolfe, Nov 21, 2019.

1. zombiekiller

zombiekiller EXO Crewmember

I feel obligated to let the forum know that within 30 minutes of Kyle from cobb seeing my comments, I got a phone call from Cobb customer service because they truly want to understand their gaps/blindspots and also want to make sure that their clientele is happy with their products. This is not the industry norm. I am super impressed.

I can't repeat this enough: CUSTOMER SERVICE MATTERS.

So thank you Cobb for being invested in being a real part of the raptor and offroad community by continuing to be responsive and proactive with mitigating problems.

We'll see how things progress, but there is an opportunity for Cobb and I start working together on "wear testing" offerings in serious dirt, if both parties decide that it would be beneficial.

I plan to test out their trans tuning and provide feedback to Cobb around how it is working in the raptor application.

So in summary:

Kudos to Cobb for being one of the few companies that give a crap.

Give the Cobb setup a shot. you can rest assured that no matter what happens, cobb will support you and has a vested interest in customers being truly happy with what they get for their money from Cobb.

2. Nood1es

Nood1es Full Access Member

that’s some legit cs stuff.

3. zombiekiller

and to be clear, I'm not being paid or anything else like that. I have no business affiliation with Cobb whatsoever. +

In a nutshell, I should just be a CC # and shipping address to them....

but they view their customers as a lot more than that, which I think is super rad.

royCfus, Greg Blatz, SS308 and 2 others like this.
  4. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 FRF Addict

But let me guess, they are giving you the trans tune free?

5. M3LELENA

M3LELENA Full Access Member

Please someone tell me what i missed: wasnt the AP already allowing to load a custom tune that included a trans tune?

is that the cobb intake? man..i live in a dusty environnement it could be a drawback for me

I have been waiting a long time too for this trans tuning..

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  6. BSB

BSB Member

I tried calling to get the trans tune during today's sale, but no answer. Left a VM. Can someone please get back to me?

PM here or return call at number left on VM.

Regarding cost, I bought all my Cobb gear piecemeal as it came out, fully understanding that each incremental upgrade would cost more. Anytime you are buying things incomplete, this should not be a surprise. Of course it would be awesome if it were a free upgrade, but in all fairness, the Cobb team has been full disclosure since day one that there would be an additional charge for it .

7. zombiekiller

full disclosure, Cobb has offered to buy back my downpipes and intake. They are lighting my ap for the trans tune gratis. In exchange for the trans tuning, I've agreed to test it and provide feedback.

yes, I would not recommend the cobb intake in a really dusty environment or for desert runs. It is oiled. even though you can get a prefilter, the filter cakes very quickly and can foul an intake sensor if left uncleaned.

it works great for a mostly street driven truck and actually provides snappier throttle response than some others, but for the dirt, you need a dry filter.

I am a fan of the intakes that offer a donaldson filter option. (blue circular filter). I have to remove and shake the filter out every 500 dirt miles or so. ( which is a head and shoulders above anything else that I've tried, including the factory filter options)

Ryan James Nolan and M3LELENA like this.
  8. COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

2020 Raptor ECU/TCM is the next project in line!

Tin Can Rap, element217 and Rjp4419 like this.
  9. Rjp4419

Rjp4419 Member

I cant wait!

10. Wfo

Wfo FRF Addict

Mbdurham and zombiekiller like this.