Trans problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buresh88

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just bought my new 14 SCREW back in Feb and just recently I have noticed that the trans fluid has been leaking onto my drive way. I took it into the dealership and they replaced a few parts that they said were faulty (can't remember exactly which parts)
a day after getting it back I again noticed trans fluid leaking onto the driveway,
has anyone else had this problem or no what it could be since the guys at the dealership clearly don't or don't know how to fix it/ half ass job.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knowing the dealers, they just did not clean their mess up and the new fluid is just excess...did you climb under the truck and look?

Either way take the truck back....

OP
OP
B

buresh88

Reaction score
Knowing the dealers, they just did not clean their mess up and the new fluid is just excess...did you climb under the truck and look?

Either way take the truck back....

yeah i went under after i got it back and cleaned everything and about 2 days later noticed it pooling up again under and then the drops on the driveway. taking it back in the morning

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i went under after i got it back and cleaned everything and about 2 days later noticed it pooling up again under and then the drops on the driveway. taking it back in the morning

Good luck and keep posted...

dew34

Reaction score
I had the same leak on my 09 f150 4x4 the tans harness plug that comes out of the case has a Oring or some sort of rubber seal that fails if I rember correctly they rpl the harness that's inside the trans. When I took it in for the repair they had to order the parts and I was told it is a common failure.
Mike

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had a similar leaking problem. The issue was the front transmission pump housing was leaking. They had to drop the tranny and R&R the pump. Was told by dealer that Ford got a batch of pumps that had bad housings and the leak showed up on the bottom of the bell housing.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just bought my new 14 SCREW back in Feb and just recently I have noticed that the trans fluid has been leaking onto my drive way. I took it into the dealership and they replaced a few parts that they said were faulty (can't remember exactly which parts)
a day after getting it back I again noticed trans fluid leaking onto the driveway...

Time to get me involved, buresh88. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager.

Crystal