Trans problem

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by buresh88, May 9, 2014.

1. buresh88

buresh88 Member

Hey everyone,
    I just bought my new 14 SCREW back in Feb and just recently I have noticed that the trans fluid has been leaking onto my drive way. I took it into the dealership and they replaced a few parts that they said were faulty (can't remember exactly which parts)
    a day after getting it back I again noticed trans fluid leaking onto the driveway,
    has anyone else had this problem or no what it could be since the guys at the dealership clearly don't or don't know how to fix it/ half ass job.

2. Icecobra

Icecobra FRF Addict

Somewhere on here is Crystal let her get involved she is not with the Government she really is here to help...

3. Fred

Fred FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Knowing the dealers, they just did not clean their mess up and the new fluid is just excess...did you climb under the truck and look?

Either way take the truck back....

4. buresh88

buresh88 Member

yeah i went under after i got it back and cleaned everything and about 2 days later noticed it pooling up again under and then the drops on the driveway. taking it back in the morning

5. Fred

Fred FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Good luck and keep posted...

6. Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe FRF Addict

7. BIGt0007

BIGt0007 FRF Addict

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  8. dew34

dew34 Member

I had the same leak on my 09 f150 4x4 the tans harness plug that comes out of the case has a Oring or some sort of rubber seal that fails if I rember correctly they rpl the harness that's inside the trans. When I took it in for the repair they had to order the parts and I was told it is a common failure.
    Mike

9. 6gun

6gun Full Access Member

I also had a similar leaking problem. The issue was the front transmission pump housing was leaking. They had to drop the tranny and R&R the pump. Was told by dealer that Ford got a batch of pumps that had bad housings and the leak showed up on the bottom of the bell housing.

10. FordService

FordService FRF Addict

Time to get me involved, buresh88. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager.

Crystal