GEN 2 Train Horn Getting Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you can turn the sound down. The 540 series Hornblaster has a 150psi tank with a compressor self regulating. Airing up and possibly running power tools are a benefit to this set up. With windows closed the horn sounds just fine, not that loud. lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don't think you can turn the sound down. The 540 series Hornblaster has a 150psi tank with a compressor self regulating. Airing up and possibly running power tools are a benefit to this set up. With windows closed the horn sounds just fine, not that loud. lol

but couldn’t you regulate the pressure down to - say - 130 psi or 120 and drop the DB?

I realize the truck is insulated quite well, but, it doesn’t take much exposure to sound that loud to be affected.

They make a kit - 234 or 238? that comes with a coiled air hose and I imagine you could add the necessary parts to the kit as needed. I would like to have some more volume when I hit the horn, but not sure I’m ready to drop the necessary coin on it.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the white frame glasses and flat hat actually issued with the Gen 2 kit, or is that optional since most owners already have that?

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the white frame glasses and flat hat actually issued with the Gen 2 kit, or is that optional since most owners already have that?
I've never been involved with a forum with as many try-hard ****** as this one.