Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Trailer electrical receptacle dead on brake, turn signals, only running lights

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Bumpngrind, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Bumpngrind

Bumpngrind Member

Hey all, so title says it all, I multi metered the trailer receptacle below the bumper and am only getting current for the running lights, WFT, checked specific fuses for this non were blown.
    I really appreciate any any intel on others with this and what the cure may be, I'm thinking a re program of some kind?

2. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

2017 and up use a (forgive my poor terminology) load sensing “smart stupid connector” that only works under certain conditions and if I recall correctly it’s key on, engine on, doors closed - maybe in gear(?) Also, I think phases of the moon may play a part.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-336052.html

&

Sometimes manufacturers answer questions that were never asked. This seems to be a question that was never asked by the trailer towing consumer public that Ford “answered”.

3. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

need to know what year. 1st gen trucks you have to add the relay and fuse before the trailer lights worked

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  4. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

You do know you have to press the brake for your meter to read continuity and the same for signals, power isn't constant.

5. Bumpngrind

Bumpngrind Member

Thank you for your replies, 2017 gen 2, yep depressed brake peddle in accessory mode and full run mode also tried both modes for turn signals, and will make sure doors closed etc,
    will report back if a resolution is found.
    Thanks again guys, appreciate it .

amREADY likes this.
  6. Bumpngrind

Bumpngrind Member

Thank u Smurfslayer, the e trailer post drilled down to a post of disabling autostart under the dash, like I did also.
    Turns out when you do that, it totally F's with the trailer light plug, now all I have to do is figure out a new delete for the auto start/stop.
    Thanks again guys as usual, calvary rides in.

amREADY and smurfslayer like this.