GEN 2 Trailer Brake Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klayjah

Reaction score
I have been searching for answers to my trailer light problem but can't find an answer so I thought I'd ask.

I have a 2018 Raptor and when I connect my trailer to the truck the running lights work but brake/turn signals do not. I first checked the manual and found fuse 103 was for trailer turn/brake lights so I pop the hood and find that 103 doesn't have a fuse in it, so I thought that's strange but easy fix, right? Well, I didn't have that type of fuse on hand so I pulled one of the nearby fuses just to confirm that was the issue but when I went to plug in the fuse it wouldn't snap in like I was expecting so then I checked the opening for 103 I couldn't see any terminals for the fuse to plug onto and it looks like it's never had terminals in that opening as you can see in my attached image. So, am I missing something? My truck has the trailer backup assist, 4 and 7 pin trailer connectors and trailer brake controller. I was curious if my brake/turn power comes from some other fuse location when a truck is equipped with these options?

IMG_5882.jpg

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My #103 fuse is missing, and the system works perfectly. When i disconnect my trailer the f150 tells me it can no longer see a trailer, so its a smart truck.

I suggest you voltage check your trailer first, make sure its working.

deltascrew

Reaction score
My #103 fuse is missing, and the system works perfectly. When i disconnect my trailer the f150 tells me it can no longer see a trailer, so its a smart truck.

I suggest you voltage check your trailer first, make sure its working.

Thanks Trailer brake lights work fine hooked to Friends Chevy so I got a tester to confirm no power at the plug. Dash sees the trailer and identified it as a tilta . Thanks had my truck a year and a half and this is the 1st time I hooked up the car hauler.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had no power at the plug. But when the trailer is connected, the truck sees it and power does show up, lights blink with turn signals, and running lights are all on when truck lights are on.

Check grounds, I ran ground wires from all lights to the common ground by the hitch, as trailers are bad for grounds.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on my 19 F250 it has to go into gear first for the power to turn on. It's something very common on that forum and people assume their trailer power isn't working when it's simply how Ford designed the system. Not sure that's the case here but wanted to toss it out.

deltascrew

Reaction score
I know on my 19 F250 it has to go into gear first for the power to turn on. It's something very common on that forum and people assume their trailer power isn't working when it's simply how Ford designed the system. Not sure that's the case here but wanted to toss it out.

Did your running lights operate in park?
I've got power to all but stop/turn.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't recall exactly but i always put it into reverse then park after hooking up my trailer in order to check functions and have the 12v lights inside the trailer.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you testing for voltage make sure if you have a key fob that its in the truck and the doors are all shut. apparently if you have the fob outside of the truck or the doors open it kills the 12v. Also, On the trucks with a trailer brake module, The park lamps and turn signals come from that module. 103 is now a non serviceable relay for the charge air cooling fan

Last edited:

deltascrew

Reaction score
Solved my Problem! 100% self inflicted. I had unplugged the bottom plastic connector on the brake pedal to disable start/stop last year and forgot all about it. I plugged it back in yesterday and my brake and turn signals now work!

Thanks for the advice everyone!