trading in gen 1 for z06? Thoughts

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by FordraptorHero, May 25, 2018.

1. FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero Full Access Member

So it's come to the point where I've been Craving a lot more speed but I still need a truck, so I've been pondering trading in my gen 1 for a z06 and a basic small truck, think older ranger or Tacoma. Or keeping the gen 1 and buying a super charged 5.0 2015 whippled mustang. Anyone who has owned a z06 or blown mustang or a gen 1 care to chip in with their own experience of these vehicles. Thanks once again guys

2. dixonk

dixonk Full Access Member

I've owned a corvette before. I enjoy my Raptor more. If it were me I would opt for the blown mustang and keep Raptor option.

3. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Your money your decision, unless you live in your parents basement figure it out yourself.

4. adeerchaser

adeerchaser ALWAYS carry, never tell Supporting Member

We just traded off a Vette. It was a 2016 with a manual 7 speed, speed was awesome. When running hard would be around 95 when 2nd to 3rd. Had the Raptor as well. I did not care for the Vette as a DD, my wife did. Now have a Yukon to go with the Raptor, both 6.2 L. Long and short- keep the Raptor!

5. PIPO

PIPO Member

I'm in the same boat as you.

I want more speed and something more special, not necessarily a better thing though. Raptor is good at everything and a great DD...I don't want that. I'm looking at anything, Z06, Supra, GTR, 350r, or even another Demon.

6. 03svt

03svt Full Access Member

I had an 03 cobra for 10 years granted it was not a daily and while I miss it always (sold it 6 years ago to buy my raptor) I would never sell my truck to get into another mustang or vette whatever. Especially now at 45 years old and after having all the comfort, utility and endless compliments of my raptor. My .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimster58 and SZDZMTR like this.
  7. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I do not care for pot holes, bad weather, snow storms, massive rain storms, fog, stay home alerts, I can go to a grocery store or home depot, I can go on the trails and right back on the roads, i can tow or help to get someone towed and get a ton of compliments while doing all of the that, and save a ton on insurance, etc IN MY TRUCK. Try to do it in your Z06.... Just saying

Jimster58 and adeerchaser like this.
  8. BACNTRY

BACNTRY Member

Supercharger for Gen 1 is the answer you seek. Best of both worlds.

Canuck714 likes this.
  9. Sozzy12

Sozzy12 Full Access Member

The GM 6.2 is known for piston rattle above 3,500 RPM. Not a fan. Then again, all my experience with government motors is sub par to say the least.

J. Wolfe and SZDZMTR like this.
  10. Truckzor

Truckzor FRF Addict

Just put a Gen 3 Whipple on your Raptor.