Traded my 2020 802A Raptor $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 392 Saturday. Curious as to how she ran. Yep, it will definitely be replacing my other Rubi. Fun is all I can say.

A92BD60D-D6B1-491F-8719-D0B94A325A8F.jpeg21A30CC6-6EFD-4A68-9BA9-7C0936364F9E.jpeg
You got a good deal. MSRP is a deal in most areas. Yea, a fair amount of coin for a Jeep, but after driving a little it’s well worth it.
Now on to the mods. Oh yea.
Sam

OP
OP
cpost6

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 392 Saturday. Curious as to how she ran. Yep, it will definitely be replacing my other Rubi. Fun is all I can say.

View attachment 167825View attachment 167826
You got a good deal. MSRP is a deal in most areas. Yea, a fair amount of coin for a Jeep, but after driving a little it’s well worth it.
Sam

View attachment 167825View attachment 167826
Sam
Awesome! We will have to talk.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! We will have to talk.

You will be very happy. Plus you got a good deal. They are going over MSRP in many places. Kind of like the C8 Vettes. They keep going up. I would not be surprised to see the 392s go that route for a while.

Sam

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man a hemi Gladiator on 40s with c/o, bypass/bump every corner with some Tubeworks axles would be awesome and go very fast off road!

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, the 392 Wrangler is nice, but it’s too little too late. The 5.7 or 6.1 should’ve been in that thing back in the mid to late 2000s.

Now they want 70kish for a bigger engine with a few more bells and whistles yet you still have to deal with all the traditional Wrangler compromises? No thanks. I’m willing to bet they didn’t enlarge the fuel tank to compensate for that thirst either. I’ll pass on that too.

Glad you made money on the deal, but I think you lost the overall trade.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is interesting to me....the 392 Wrangler is for the guy that always wanted a V8 jeep but couldn’t afford to build one, but now that they can they’re too lazy to wait & plan it out I guess? I mean I think it’s cool....but wranglers bone stock, heavily modded to the gills & everything in between- always hold their value fairly well. So what I’m getting at....”having a factory warranty” on the wrangler 392 isn’t really that big a deal b/c it’s been soooooooooo common over the last 3 decades to drop V8s in wranglers, so many shops doing, so many kits/parts available....and ahhhhh you can get the “best” V8.....a GM one hahahahaha

for that $$$ given the impracticality of a wrangler in general (tbh it’s more of a toy/hobby car/weekend car than a DD & always has been) I’d MUCH prefer to drop a donor chassis/frame & have a place like cape cod customs go to F’n town

powdercoated frame (& every ******** nut/bolt/fastener on the undercarriage)? Yes please

cammed LS7 w/ 1.75” headers? W/ ceramic coating sir!

4.10s? Fosho!

full blown custom stereo w/ speakers all over? Doesn’t every wrangler owner do that anyhow?

35”s? Why not!

lime green gold flake house of kolor paint job? Hey it’s YOUR jeep

$75k? You’ll be under budget

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cpost6, its all about what you want. And Yes, you will enjoy it and it will NOT be just another JL. Opinions vary which is fine. And it is great we have such a diverse cool selection of toys to choose from. And yes, at the end of the day that’s what they are.

Sam

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is interesting to me....the 392 Wrangler is for the guy that always wanted a V8 jeep but couldn’t afford to build one, but now that they can they’re too lazy to wait & plan it out I guess? I mean I think it’s cool....but wranglers bone stock, heavily modded to the gills & everything in between- always hold their value fairly well. So what I’m getting at....”having a factory warranty” on the wrangler 392 isn’t really that big a deal b/c it’s been soooooooooo common over the last 3 decades to drop V8s in wranglers, so many shops doing, so many kits/parts available....and ahhhhh you can get the “best” V8.....a GM one hahahahaha

for that $$$ given the impracticality of a wrangler in general (tbh it’s more of a toy/hobby car/weekend car than a DD & always has been) I’d MUCH prefer to drop a donor chassis/frame & have a place like cape cod customs go to F’n town

powdercoated frame (& every ******** nut/bolt/fastener on the undercarriage)? Yes please

cammed LS7 w/ 1.75” headers? W/ ceramic coating sir!

4.10s? Fosho!

full blown custom stereo w/ speakers all over? Doesn’t every wrangler owner do that anyhow?

35”s? Why not!

lime green gold flake house of kolor paint job? Hey it’s YOUR jeep

$75k? You’ll be under budget

While I tend to agree with you, I’d still rather have the warranty. You can have an LS7 but at the end of the day, you still have a FCA/Stellantis platform under that engine. A warranty is generally advised.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I tend to agree with you, I’d still rather have the warranty. You can have an LS7 but at the end of the day, you still have a FCA/Stellantis platform under that engine. A warranty is generally advised.
Yes and typically I’d agree, except it just seems like most enthusiasts who buy & use wranglers tend to throw the warranty out the window pretty much immediately w/ the modding