Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Traded 2012 in on 2014 SE Roush

Discussion in '2014 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by cayenne, Oct 19, 2014.

1. RedFive

RedFive Member

The only way to truly address the issue is to not use leather and foam that crushes under use. All of my luxury sports cars with real leather did the same thing, so it is not just a Raptor or Ford issue. The only vehicle that did not have this issue was my last Lexus IS. It used a synthetic leather with foam injected molding. Pretty much a compressible firm latex. It was designed specifically to address this issue since the only way to get into the seat was to really slide into it. It fit like a glove and after 1 year of daily use still looked like it came from the factory.

2. cayenne

cayenne Full Access Member

I respectfully disagree with this. I have 3 other cars in my garage all full leather and don't show this. Of course leather will stretch and show natural wear and ripples but what Ford is supplies is unacceptable. My Porsche has 35K miles on it and the leather looks better than the Ford did on day one. My BMW with Novillo extended leather shows a little stretch but no ripples or unacceptable graining.

I took my truck to an auto upholstery guy who does my hot rod interiors. He ordered new leather and replaced the seat bolster. When the seat cover was taken off he showed me the leather and it had this weird grain on the underside. According to him it was either the belly of the cow or an arm pit both of which should be thrown away and not used on a seating surface. We replaced the bolster with OEM leather and 6K miles later it looks 10X better than it did at 0 miles. I'll take pictures and post this weekend.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    mike.s likes this.
  3. sombra

sombra Full Access Member

Looking forward to the pics

dhollist likes this.
  4. mike.s

mike.s Full Access Member

What was the price for that?

5. sombra

sombra Full Access Member

And waiting on those pics....

6. cayenne

cayenne Full Access Member

Sorry guys, will try to do it this weekend. I'm getting married on May 1st so things have been completely chaotic lately and I've been on the road for business nearly every week!

7. Cliffnopus

Cliffnopus Member

Stretch marks.....maybe the cow lost weight.

Still didn't save him though did it?

8. SVTFordRaptor

SVTFordRaptor Full Access Member

You ever going to post those pics sir? :)

9. PKRaptor

PKRaptor Member

Shoot, yours looks great compared to mine. I bought mine with 27k on it and the left bolster on the driver side is practically destroyed. Thinking about re-upholstering later, but I want to maintain the color theme and I do enjoy the seats. I do agree, that the "leather" is crap though.