Traded 2012 in on 2014 SE Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of a new 2014 Ruby Red SE Roush on Friday. Been looking to trade my 2012 for about a month and was waiting to find a good deal. It took some perseverance but finally got what I considered to be a good deal on both the trade and purchase price.

Love the truck, as I knew I would. The Roush upgrade is nice, you can feel the power but it's underwhelming compared to lighter vehicles. You know you have more power than stock but it doesn't throw you back into the seat like a lot of S/C'd vehicles. I guess I'm just use to lighter sports cars that you can feel the boost come one.

Glad I traded up, but am absolutely disappointed with the seat leather. It's like a dead horse on this forum at this point, but the condition of brand new leather is crap! My '12 with 30K miles looked better than this. I don't mind ripples in the leather because that's what seats do, but I can't stand stretch marks and jagged wrinkles. I've got an appointment scheduled for this coming Thursday to have my dealer take pictures of the driver's seat. I expect I'll be told that's normal and I should accept it. I don't feel that way, it's sad to take delivery of such a beautiful truck but have this issue. I already tried steaming it, some of the wrinkles came out, but I'm still left with this...

vuZiePB.jpg

Lz3ZdE4.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Congrats on the upgrade. Got the same minus the Roush and at first I complained about the leather on the seats but now I don't think anything of it, guess got used to it. I'll snap some pictures for you so you can see how it looks afterwards. I had mine for 7 months and 11k miles. Driver's side has smoothed out more as it gets used more, of course.

3d6cc879410485cc1a1458f3d5d7e0f0.jpg

792c2acddbcf9b7d5e3b4774f1385a4e.jpg

2d2ed0eee7a6352e9f72a6713c763202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
cayenne

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RDFTS, are you saying that the seat started out like the top and has smoothed out like the second pic after treating and some butt time?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

RDFTS, are you saying that the seat started out like the top and has smoothed out like the second pic after treating and some butt time?

It seems that way. I don't pay much attention to it until now to snap a pic for you. I've treated it with leather cleaner and conditioner about 4 times since I've had it and lots of butt time, its my DD.

The top pic is how it is now on the passenger side, it seems worse when I look at it. It has far less butt time and usually my wife (130lbs vs. 325lbs)

Last edited by a moderator:

muddy00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh it will get worse. I conditioned mine every couple months 20k miles and the bolster on the left side of the seat was cracking and looked worn out. Luckily it was traded off but pretty disappointing. But if course my new truck is another SE.

VAFordGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My SE leather did the same thing. I was complaining about it when I first took delivery on 11/15/13. Didn't think about it again until today after reading this and I went out and looked... Drivers side is almost completely smooth and passenger side looks a lot better. I have just over 8K miles on it and it is my DD. I would have expected it to get worse... mystery of the raptor I guess. Congrats on the nice truck!! I wouldn't worry about the leather, it seems it may get better as you use it.

**I have not treated it or done anything to the leather other than sit on it. I'll look through my pictures and see if I can find any before pictures and take some after shots for this thread if I can find them.

OP
OP
cayenne

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, thanks for the feedback. I'm considering upgrading the leather by getting a custom upholsterer to just change it out for me, but keep the SE color scheme...

D

Deleted member 12951

Let me know if you would be interested in selling the take offs.

DevilSun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see to say the least. I think this might quell my concerns about the ridges in mine at least for now (I need to drive it more) -- however of MORE concern to me is the back seats, the leather is so loose it waves off of the seat a few about 2" in places. Maybe I need to sit back there too? Hah.

Rockdoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is odd.. because mine started smooth and is now getting wrinkled? Truck is 1.5 yrs old. {My work truck}
Tried leather care but does not seem to help. I will keep watching this thread.