Trade in value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dealer gave me more than Carmax or vana.. '18, 98,000 miles - $48k. traded it in on a msrp '22 iconic silver

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Traded my gen 2 Avalanche with 66k yesterday, dealer guarantee 50k 6mos ago.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is Driveway.com offering you vs Carmax?
I did all the online Buyers first and thought Carmax would be higher if I went in person. I was wrong... Carmax was only 46K and a couple of the others timed out so I redid them and they dropped a K or so across the board. That told me IT'S TIME. Driveway was 52K for Old Blue.

I hit Carguru's, Carmax, Carvana, Vrooom, Shift, KBB, and several dealer sites in DFW. The total spread was 40K to 52K.

Driveway was a little slower to get paid - a day and half - Electronic funds transfer. They will come to you but I was trying to get done and paid. (For reasons I'll post about in a few days... :cool:). So I went to one of their "Hubs" which was just a Honda dealer that they have an agreement with.... Driveway Rep met me there and had all the paperwork ready to go. He did a walk around and a two minute test drive. 30 mins or so start to finish. Easy. Well worth the extra cash.

I'm going to miss Old Blue. :oops:IMG_6967.jpeg

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did all the online Buyers first and thought Carmax would be higher if I went in person. I was wrong... Carmax was only 46K and a couple of the others timed out so I redid them and they dropped a K or so across the board. That told me IT'S TIME. Driveway was 52K for Old Blue.

I hit Carguru's, Carmax, Carvana, Vrooom, Shift, KBB, and several dealer sites in DFW. The total spread was 40K to 52K.

Driveway was a little slower to get paid - a day and half - Electronic funds transfer. The will come to you but I was trying to get done and paid. (For reasons I'll post about in a few days... :cool:). So I went to one of their "Hubs" which was just a Honda dealer that they have an agreement with.... Driveway Rep met me there and had all the paperwork ready to go. He did a walk around and a two minute test drive. 30 mins or so start to finish. Easy. Well worth the extra cash.

I'm going to miss Old Blue. :oops:View attachment 352680
200.gif

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the dealer giving you for your gen2 ? I’m trading my in this week.

Thx
2019 Silver Metallic w/everything less recaro seats at 52k miles. Shafted when presented with a $30k dealer markup on the R I was on the list for so decided to go the Gen 3 route. I’ve been to 3 local dealers within the past two days. Trade in offers were $62k, $60k, and $63k. I’m just trying to convince myself I’ll get over the Gen 3 exterior. The new interior I’m a big fan of though. Headed to the 4th local dealer tomorrow and then I’ll have to sht or get off the pot. Plenty of equity in the truck so taking some time to figure it out

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Driveway was a little slower to get paid - a day and half - Electronic funds transfer. They will come to you but I was trying to get done and paid. (For reasons I'll post about in a few days... :cool:). So I went to one of their "Hubs" which was just a Honda dealer that they have an agreement with.... Driveway Rep met me there and had all the paperwork ready to go. He did a walk around and a two minute test drive. 30 mins or so start to finish. Easy. Well worth the extra cash.

Yeah Carmax is an abortion of a dealersht. Always have been. Glad you got it squared away on your terms