Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Trade in value? Worth the trouble to sell private?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mayhem, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem Full Access Member

Anyone in BC (Or Canada at least) traded in a 2010 6.2L or a 2011?

Anyone mind sharing what they traded in and what they were given?

I'm trading in a 2010 6.2L Scab (Blue) with 49,000km (30k miles)
    (Lux pack since it's CDN) and additional options were the Tail gate step, bed extender, 6.2L Engine.

Lowest offer has been 29k, best offer has been 36k so far. (I'd have to sell privately at 40.5k to match this due to tax savings).

Not many 2010-2011's for sale and when I see 2010's they're the 5.4L..

two fully loaded 2011's listed at 44 & 45k Scab/Screw, and a used 5.4L at 39k.
    '12s and '13s are much higher.. .but not really comparable given the difference in MSRP.

MSRP on this truck was about 52k.. I got it for about 48k (But I got raped on my previous trade in)

Canadian Black book lists the 2011 scab at 35-38k trade in with a 42k avg asking price.

2010 only lists the 5.4L engine.. 32-35k trade in and mid to high 20's for avg asking. (ouch?)

I'm guessing if the loaded 11's are going for 44-45 asking... It might be hard to get that much for a not loaded 10 even with the 6.2L..

Only thing I got goin for me is that there seems to be pretty much no other blue trucks available anywhere and mine has lower KM's than most.

Anyway... how unreasonable is 36k ? Is it worth the hassle of going private?

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

And someone's bound to ask..

No I'm not getting a Raptor this time around.. (I would love to and most likely will get a new one later). Absolutely no complaints about the Raptor.

However, I have lived the dream for a while, and my girl and I would like to move out, and so we are cutting expenses.

Raptor is costing 7.5k per year in gas. And gas prices are climbing.. Also, I live in the middle of the Top 10 most expensive places to buy gas in all of North America. Literally..... every surrounding town accounts for the top 10.
    lol

Anyway, I know guys like to point out that nobody buys the Raptor with gas in mind. Well, housing out here costs more than most places. And gas costs more than everywhere. My situation has changed, sooooo yeah.

I will be sticking with Ford if that makes anyone feel better. Getting into an ST for now. (Fiesta ST) It will save roughly 5,000 per year on gas.

Hope to be back in a Raptor ASAP.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. Rookie

Rookie Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You're almost always going to get more from a private sale than a trade. Never seen a circumstance it would benefit to trade. Unless you're impatient like me.

3. Mayhem

Mayhem Full Access Member

In general yeah,

but with newer local trucks with more options than mine.. listing for 44k. (They'll probably sell for what? 42-43 tops)... Sucks... just a couple months ago they were in the 49k range.

Not a lot of room for me since to beat that trade I'd have to sell for 41k minimum.

I'm surprised to see Canadian Raptors selling for so low.. They sell higher just across the border in Seattle... And they cost us more to begin with..

I don't know that I want to deal with people. lol. It's exhausting having to sort out the scammers, the time wasters, test drivers from the people who actually might consider buying.

If I could only make 1-2k more at BEST... I don't think I'd bother... But 3-5+ might be worth a little more trouble.

I do get the option of continuing to try and sell it privately until the car comes though... the 36 is guaranteed in case I don't sell. Car will take about 2 months to arrive. Really just gotta decide if the 36 is acceptable as a worst case scenario cuz once the car arrives, I don't want to be stuck with both vehicles.

4. ntm

ntm Full Access Member

They're selling 2011's with 40,000 for $54,000 here at our local dealership...