Trade a Raptor for a Lightning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bp299

Reaction score
Traded my Gen 2 for a Lightning and now I'd like to get a Gen 3 Raptor. Just throwing it out there in the event anyone wants to trade their Gen 3 Raptor for my Iconic silver ER Lariat Lightning. 6600 miles and growing (no gas cost!)-2 sets of wheels and tires

If not, looking to buy a private party Gen3. LMK if you know of anything.

PFA

Attachments

• IMG_2457.jpeg
    IMG_2457.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3019.jpeg
    IMG_3019.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 182

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was on the road day before yesterday pulling a 5x8 U-Haul trailer roughly 300 miles on I-80 across northern Nevada. I kept the cruise control on 65 mph due to 100 degree temperatures. And the odd thing that caught my attention was the same white Tesla passed me four times at 80+ mph. I couldn't figure that out until I stopped for gas, and there was that same Tesla charging its batteries at a Tesla charging station at a Chevron gas station. It was then that I understood the odd behavior of the man and woman that belonged to that Tesla - their electric vehicle has no legs. I stopped for gas once while pulling a trailer loaded to the gills, and they had to stop at least 4 times pulling nothing.

I grew up at a time and in a place when children were sent home from public schools due to poor air quality. I was one of those children, so believe me when I tell you that I value clean air as much as the next guy. But two days ago on the road I received a first-hand education in why electric vehicles circa the first half of the 21st Century are not ready for primetime. Not in rural America, anyway. It is on the order of 400 miles across northern Nevada on I-80. Can you imagine the difficulty that couple would have had if they had been pulling a trailer as I had been? In 2013 I moved my wife and I the 2,000 miles from northern Alabama to northern Nevada. I pulled all three sizes of U-Haul trailers with my 2011 Ford F-150 Raptor, a naturally aspirated 6.2L V-8 powered full-sized truck. I made each drive in two days - nearly continuous driving with a 6-hour nap in the middle. It would have taken a week or more to do what I did in an electric vehicle - completely impractical, in other words.

Now I read that an Italian firm owns the DeLorean brand name and is going to make gull-winged 4-seat electric sports sedans similar to John DeLorean's iconic vehicle. Range: 300 miles. (No flux capacitor, apparently.) I applaud everyone and anyone who is willing to give Elon Musk's glorified golf carts a run for their money. But if you live in the wide open spaces, 300 miles ain't gonna get the job done. The 230 mile range of the Ford Lightning (300 miles with the extended range battery, but only 150 to 200 miles when towing a load) isn't cable of doing what people buy trucks for - not out west, anyway.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on the road day before yesterday pulling a 5x8 U-Haul trailer roughly 300 miles on I-80 across northern Nevada. I kept the cruise control on 65 mph due to 100 degree temperatures. And the odd thing that caught my attention was the same white Tesla passed me four times at 80+ mph. I couldn't figure that out until I stopped for gas, and there was that same Tesla charging its batteries at a Tesla charging station at a Chevron gas station. It was then that I understood the odd behavior of the man and woman that belonged to that Tesla - their electric vehicle has no legs. I stopped for gas once while pulling a trailer loaded to the gills, and they had to stop at least 4 times pulling nothing.

I grew up at a time and in a place when children were sent home from public schools due to poor air quality. I was one of those children, so believe me when I tell you that I value clean air as much as the next guy. But two days ago on the road I received a first-hand education in why electric vehicles circa the first half of the 21st Century are not ready for primetime. Not in rural America, anyway. It is on the order of 400 miles across northern Nevada on I-80. Can you imagine the difficulty that couple would have had if they had been pulling a trailer as I had been? In 2013 I moved my wife and I the 2,000 miles from northern Alabama to northern Nevada. I pulled all three sizes of U-Haul trailers with my 2011 Ford F-150 Raptor, a naturally aspirated 6.2L V-8 powered full-sized truck. I made each drive in two days - nearly continuous driving with a 6-hour nap in the middle. It would have taken a week or more to do what I did in an electric vehicle - completely impractical, in other words.

Now I read that an Italian firm owns the DeLorean brand name and is going to make gull-winged 4-seat electric sports sedans similar to John DeLorean's iconic vehicle. Range: 300 miles. (No flux capacitor, apparently.) I applaud everyone and anyone who is willing to give Elon Musk's glorified golf carts a run for their money. But if you live in the wide open spaces, 300 miles ain't gonna get the job done. The 230 mile range of the Ford Lightning (300 miles with the extended range battery, but only 150 to 200 miles when towing a load) isn't cable of doing what people buy trucks for - not out west, anyway.
Imagine towing with a diesel.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could trade it in for a real Lightning
View attachment 369948

Sorry had to be that guy, hope you get someone who wants to trade.
Beautiful. What a truck. I remember being a kid drooling over and fantasizing about owing one. It’s cute how they brought it back as electric (but at least they made a beast of a new Shelby SuperSnake F150 to fill the gap)

Last edited: