Traction Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was playing around in some snow/sleet today. I had turned off the advanced trac then held down the button for about 5 seconds to totally disable.

I noticed that even with disabled, the computer wasn’t letting me spin like I wanted to.

Any way to remedy that other than a tune?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I guess that goes back further than we realized. Another (Jen Too) user was doing some hooning and tried to shut everything off but found the electronics were intervening no matter what at some point.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC you have to engage the off road button and then hold down the TC button for more than 5 seconds to shut off the nannies. Different combinations of the buttons gives different amounts of nanny shutdown.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the off road may be the answer I was looking through.

Damn that's a good thread to read through. Lots of news to me. I'll give the off road a try when I leave work today. The info below TOTALLY explains what I was talking about the other day when i called Livernois. We still have sleet/ice/snow. Truck is going to get a little rowdy after work.

§ When on-road, your gas pedal is NOT a linear 0-100% calibration in relationship to the pedal position. On the street roughly 75% of the trucks power is on tap, when only half the pedal is depressed. The last 25% of the pedal travel is used mostly for transmission kick-down logic and the remaining engine power.

§ When off-road mode is enabled, the pedal has almost the opposite effect! The pedal position is directly related to the speed you are travelling. The logic will HOLD the speed, at a set pedal position. Meaning, if you’re in 2nd gear with the pedal pressed half-way down at 35 MPH… the truck will HOLD the speed of 35 MPH even though you’re pressing the pedal half-way! It will only increase speed as you press the pedal further down. Eventually, as you make your way to the last 20% of pedal travel, this is when the truck applies full power, and will eventually upshift when you approach red-line.