Traction Control Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should just go back to a Gen 1 because they are heavier and stay on the road better. :biggrin:

+1

I have never hydroplaned in an original raptor (gen 1 connotes inferiority)

This is likely due to the v6 poofta exhaust note causing a airboat-like effect. Totally kidding!

During the monsoons we get small lagoons on the roads and interstates and you'll pretty much never hydroplane a gen1 even when driving on the lane submerged to the curb. Especially on KO2s with them fancy computer aided sipes. You could say, "gen 1 walks on water".

Recommend you add some weight in the bed, start with a rack and some lights and a jack, some tools, a keg fridge, a smoker. (Voice commanded Bluetooth, naturally)

This is a Gen2, doesn't it process voice commands like, 20% faster?
"SIRI - Hydroplane countermeasures activate on"

Last edited:

GaryBacon

Reaction score
Hey Guys not new to the Raptor world but I just picked up my new 2017 Raptor and wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with Traction Control?

There's been a ton of rain in Houston, Texas (where I'm located) and yesterday as I was going down the highway at about 70 MPH, my raptor started swerving on the highway out of nowhere. It lost traction and was sliding all over the place but luckily I caught it. Traction control was on and I'm noticing the truck is very slide happy and wanted to know if anyone else had this issue? Just wanted to hear anyone's thoughts on this because it's happening so much they only thing I can imagine is there is something that I'm doing that is wrong. Thanks for any feedback!

Drove mine home from the dealer last night and it did feel like she was getting a little loose in situations where the GEN 1 was rock solid.

JDog

Reaction score
I'm in Houston too and truck felt way better than my 07 king ranch in the wet streets. It was great. But for sure I could see any trucking getting squirrelly in standing water at freeway speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The speed and the water probably caused the Hydroplaning. My guess would be the tires probably are still new so they have to get a little wear in them. Usually new tires have that film on them you can lose traction there to.

I think the user manual addresses this and says the tires may exhibit unusual behavior for the first 300 miles or so.

OP
OP
Y

ychaudhary

Reaction score
+1

I have never hydroplaned in an original raptor (gen 1 connotes inferiority)

This is likely due to the v6 poofta exhaust note causing a airboat-like effect. Totally kidding!

During the monsoons we get small lagoons on the roads and interstates and you'll pretty much never hydroplane a gen1 even when driving on the lane submerged to the curb. Especially on KO2s with them fancy computer aided sipes. You could say, "gen 1 walks on water".

Recommend you add some weight in the bed, start with a rack and some lights and a jack, some tools, a keg fridge, a smoker. (Voice commanded Bluetooth, naturally)

This is a Gen2, doesn't it process voice commands like, 20% faster?
"SIRI - Hydroplane countermeasures activate on"

This is something I've thought about actually, didn't know if it fit the "common sense" bill of what I was thinking.

My concern with that was that I had my Gen 1 Raptor decked out in ADD goodies (Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, and Beefy Tires and rims and didn't have this issue of hydroplaning at all. Having said that my truck did feel a considerable amount slower so I'm imagining I'm going to be giving something up to gain something here :(