tracking device group buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in light of recent thefts of our trucks and countless messages about how it can be stolen even though we have a microchip in our key, i figured its time we get you all informed. there are programs available that can read door codes. this will allow access into the vehicle. then there is another program that can scan the rfid (radio frequency identification) and find what your vehicle is looking for. this is usually done with a laptop and through the obd2 port on vehicles. once that has been accomplished, all it takes is a screwdriver or jiggle keys to turn the ignition and there they go with your vehicle. bad news over...... now its time to get you protected. no alarm system on the market will keep a thief out. plain and simple. however, having them take your vehicle and not know that we are tracking them.... priceless. we are offering a group buy price on the viper smart start with gps and a backup battery.

first off is the gps unit.
Viper SmartStart GPS Module

this little unit can integrate into a new alarm system and with your subscription, allow you to lock, unlock, start, locate, etc from your phone.
THIS UNIT ALSO WORKS AS A STAND ALONE UNIT. you can just give it power and ground and once you sign up for the service, can locate your vehicle anywhere there is satellite coverage (in the USA). with your subscription, you also get features such as roadside assistance, vehicle speed alerts, set up zone fences so if you vehicle travels outside of the zone, you get notified on your phone, and many more features. these units normally retail for $300. the service plans are $99 for 1 year or $199 for 3 years. if you buy the 3 year plan it is just over $5.50 a month. you then contact your insurance company and tell them you have a gps installed in your vehicle, they offer discounts on your premium. cups, a member here just had me install his system. he got a $20 a year discount, although it doesnt sound like much, in the end it goes from costing $5.50 a month to $3.86 a month (with the 3 year plan). some insurance companies offer more than that. i have heard of some companies basically paying for the monthly service, up to a $5 a month discount on your premium.

the next item is the backup battery.
Backup Battery System

this unit is so small, it can be hidden almost anywhere, and will provide power to the gps unit for quite a few days after power has been cut to it. i have heard it will keep enough power to keep the smart start module powered up for 10 days (usually you know your vehicle has been stolen before 10 days i would hope). this is a perfect battery in that if your vehicle gets the battery disconnected, will still allow you to track your vehicle. this is a must for the smart start. i normally connect the power for this battery to a constant wire in the vehicle and hide the battery and the smart start module in a place where it is not easy to find. most thieves will find the alarm and unplug it. they wont be looking for a gps module or backup battery hidden elsewhere in the vehicle. when i install these units, i always keep them separate from the alarm except for the data cable that needs to be plugged into the alarm brain. this however has no affect on the gps tracking of the unit if it were to be disconnected. due to the nature of these parts, i will not give the location i use to hide these modules, but i will offer suggestions on where to possibly put them. this unit normally retails for $70.

since i am an authorized directed dealer, i provide the directed electronics warranty and i will activate these units. the break down is as follows.

for 10 units, the price will be $280 shipped for both units. this is $90 off the retail price. for every 10 more units, the price will drop by $10 up to an additional $30 off. as you know i am here to answer any questions you may have.

i figure a couple weeks for this should suffice. if we dont have enough members, then it will remain open ended until we do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

This is the same one my wife has in her car and I paid over $500 installed. Good deal here. I just wish they would of told me about the battery option.

adb5306c8e9d057dcd9b91209ee4a0fa.jpg

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what good is a gps if it goes dead when the battery is disconnected? if you are interested in just a battery, i can set you up. if we wait for the group buy, i can get it at a discounted cost for you

D

Deleted member 12951

what good is a gps if it goes dead when the battery is disconnected? if you are interested in just a battery, i can set you up. if we wait for the group buy, i can get it at a discounted cost for you

I always know where the wife is. Probably take you up on that offer. Thanks

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always know where the wife is. Probably take you up on that offer. Thanks

So you're saying you installed it on your wife's car without her knowing....!

That's a good idea. I need one for my gf ASAP.

All jokes aside. I think I'm in for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alarm and GPS for the Raptor. Good idea. And looks to be am awesome price Noah.

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

Not an alarm, autostart and GPS tracking.

Although, I'm sure that if someone wanted an alarm, Noah would hook them up. Also, Noah said you can easily set up just the GPS tracking and continue to use your factory autostart functions, if your not comfortable installing the whole unit yourself.

Noah, will this unit work to lock, unlock, and start your vehicle (from your phone) without the alarm/brain?

Last edited:

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the site that the link takes you to says "You can add a Viper SmartStart module to any compatible Viper system to make your system SmartStart ready."

what other systems do we need to buy, if any, to get the functionality you described in your OP?

thanks!

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the smart start gps works as a stand alone gps tracking system allowing you to track your vehicle anywhere it goes. when paired with a viper alarm system and necessary components, it will integrate into your vehicles existing security system allowing for lock and unlock and other features from your phone.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Not an alarm, autostart and GPS tracking.

Although, I'm sure that if someone wanted an alarm, Noah would hook them up. Also, Noah said you can easily set up just the GPS tracking and continue to use your factory autostart functions, if your not comfortable installing the whole unit yourself.

Noah, will this unit work to lock, unlock, and start your vehicle (from your phone) without the alarm/brain?
it can be done, but you will need a different part and wiring will definitely be tedious.