TPS with Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI I bought 4 that i had bought before on amazon and none would program. Also to put in learning mode on my truck i turn the hazard on/off 3 times and the horn honks.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes new isn’t new and is really something that has been sitting around for a long time and just hasn’t been used. I have run into this several times with batteries.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i may have missed it, but did you make sure your shop got the right frequency. There are at least two I believe. Think mine were the 315mhz, but I have a 2020. Yours may be a different frequency for your year. I ordered mine from Amazon:

Motorcraft TPMS35 Tpms Sensor Kit​

No programming was necessary. They cranked right up a few blocks from the house.
Exactly correct - it is a frequency issue and you need to find what your factory sensors were so you get same on new ones.

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
As I said earlier, pressing the hazard button 10 times with the key on puts it in tpms program mode.. the dash will tell you which tire to program, you can use the module or just start letting air out until the horn chirps and then you move to the next one until all 4 are done...

Well this didn't work. Got the truck into learn mode, followed the prompt, but it didn't pick up the sensor change. Dropped pressure from 34 to 15 and still didn't learn the sensor.

Guess I will have to look at the sensors next.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to ease your mind, I have the OEM beadlock wheels with the FP bead lock rings and I have no issues with the TPMS. So if you continue to have any issues its definitely the sensors and not because of the beadlocks/bolts.