GEN 2 TPMS values on a 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have a 2019 and I can check my TPMS values via the Ford app ... even when my engine is off. I always find that the readings are always 2-3 psi off when compared to my hand held gauge. BTW .. I have a decent gauge and it is not a pencil type.

For example .. right now the app is telling me now that my fronts tires are 38psi and the rears are 36psi. My hand held gauge says the fronts are 35 and the rears are 34.

I am tempted to buy another gauge to check my hand held gauge.

Anyone else see the same?

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Choose one gauge and use it. A few pounds really doesn’t make that much difference for most of us in our Raptors.

I don’t know how much you are into varying the air pressure and you likely know this...but for a street type vehicle the oversteer/understeer can be fine tuned with air pressure.

I do this with my ‘74 Alfa as we drive it in a spirited fashion:)

Last edited:

Leprechaun

Reaction score
Same here. Ironically, I just checked this yesterday on my 2019. I used 2 gauges (to see if one of them was off (they weren't)) and found that each of the 4 tires was 2 lbs of pressure lower from what the TPMS stated.

Last edited: