TPMS Reset Tool Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased a new set of Ford F150 TPMSs that came with a reset tool. I know the reset tool will work to allow the truck to recognize those new sensors in the new wheels.

My question, if I put the original wheels/sensors on another truck, will that same reset tool allow the old sensors to be linked to that (same year) truck? or will the tool only work with the new sensors it was shipped with?

thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it’s the single button tool, that’s intended only for tire rotations, not for training new sensors to the truck. Some say it works to train sensors, but typically only on older vehicles.

To answer your question, the tool is not specific to any particular sensor part number, it’s universal.

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you Sir.... it is indeed the single-button tool, it was in the Ford kit M-1180-B "15-22 Mustang/F150 TPMS Sensor and Tool Kit" from Ford Performance. (4) TPMSs and (1) tool.

thank you