TPMS questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some new Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 rubber staring at me but I want to do new wheels at the same time. Im looking at Walker Evans Legend wheels and the new Graphite finish should be out very soon. So my question, anyone have sources and part #'s for replacement TPMS sensors? Amazon?

AND, is it the sensors or the ECM that controls the signal that the tire psi is low? I'd like to get my warning light lower to around 38 psi rather than the 42 psi that sets it off now.

TIA

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some new Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 rubber staring at me but I want to do new wheels at the same time. Im looking at Walker Evans Legend wheels and the new Graphite finish should be out very soon. So my question, anyone have sources and part #'s for replacement TPMS sensors? Amazon?

AND, is it the sensors or the ECM that controls the signal that the tire psi is low? I'd like to get my warning light lower to around 38 psi rather than the 42 psi that sets it off now.

TIA

I picked mine up from amazon, they work fine on my '10

TPMS

You'll also need one of these if you change out sensors.

Sensor learning tool

The warning light is controlled by the truck's electronics, not the sensor, you could probably change it with the forscan tool. I know my SVC tune lets me set it as low as 30 PSI, but I'd still like it to go lower.

Last edited:

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TIA

You can use your OEM TPMS sensors, using rubber valve stems or metal valve stems, saving on the purchase of new sensors.

SUMMIT RACING, PART# SUM-DVT-CV-1

As for the sensor reprogramming for different pressure, you will need to purchase a OBD2 TPMS tool capable of reprogramming the trucks computer, or have the dealer do it. Not sure if all do it, but some Tuners are capable, and cost the same as some TPMS Tools.

Last edited: